Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sigil of Exigence Question

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Glute

Glute

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him

If you use Sigil of Exigence in the first turn:

Can you place your unit outside your Deployment Zone?

Can you place your unit in opponents Deployment Zone?

They way I read this the answer is yes to both as long as your 9" away from an enemy unit.

Thanks

Are Verlo

Are Verlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 605 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
I’m curious to know what you think possibly could stop you from placing the unit outside your DZ or in the opponent’s DZ as long as you place it more than 9" away from enemy units :-)

Glute

Glute

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him

I’m curious to know what you think possibly could stop you from placing the unit outside your DZ or in the opponent’s DZ as long as you place it more than 9" away from enemy units :-)

The issue I've had stated to me is that this is like a 'deep strike' or 'reserves' move which has limitations of where you can place models.  My counter to that statement is that flyers, fast bikes can move in turn one and get across the table. 

To me this isn't a 'deep strike' or 'reserve' type of move nor is it a teleport or redeploy type move.  It's a reposition of a unit currently on the table.  I believe other factions have the ability to reposition units based on some action or response (Didn't Tau have something like this?). 

Anyway I play it as rules as written.

Thanks

Trollbeard

Trollbeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 361 posts
To me it functions the same as Gate of Infinity, you pick the unit up and place it elsewhere on the board. And since you are already on the board in the first turn it allows you to get around the 2nd turn reserves stipulation.

Mr4Minutes

Mr4Minutes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 777 posts
You can set up anywhere on the board that is outside of 9” of an enemy model.

Only units placed in Strategic Reserve limits unit placement based on the turn. Strategic Reserves is the BRB reserves rule that allows you to spend CP to place units into reserve.

Any unit placed into reserves based on a data sheet rule, ie: teleport strike, or by the use of a relic, stratagem, etc, ie: veil of darkness, gate of infinity, can be set up anywhere on the board outside of 9” of an enemy model.

angrom

angrom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 396 posts
What I am wondering is if we can use shunt or the sigil to reposition and then use gate on same unit in the psy phase.

Trollbeard

Trollbeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 361 posts
The Sigil is triggered in your opponents shooting phase when the bearer is targeted. You can gate a unit every turn if you like. And the teleport shunt stratagem has a stipulation that you can only use it once per game per unit. None of them restrict each other. So to answer your question, yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users