NDK GK army top a major event

Tokugawa

#1 of IronHalo Con 2021(102 players)

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [40 PL, 795pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Brotherhood: Swordbearers

Detachment Command Cost

+ HQ [16 PL, 315pts] +

Brotherhood Techmarine [5 PL, 80pts]: 5: Warp Shaping, Boltgun, Omnissian Power Axe

. Servo Arms

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [11 PL, 235pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 2: Empyric Amplification, 3: Unyielding Anvil, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter [10pts], Gatling Psilencer [20pts], Heavy Psycannon [20pts], Nemesis Greatsword [15pts], Servant of the Throne [1 PL, 20pts], Sigil of Exigence, Warlord

+ Troops [6 PL, 110pts] +

Strike Squad [6 PL, 110pts]

. 4x Grey Knight (Halberd) [88pts]: 4x Nemesis Force Halberd, 4x Storm Bolter

. Grey Knight Justicar [22pts]

. . Nemesis Force Halberd

+ Heavy Support [18 PL, 370pts] +

Nemesis Dreadknight [9 PL, 185pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter [10pts], Gatling Psilencer [20pts], Heavy Psycannon [20pts], Nemesis Greatsword [15pts]

Nemesis Dreadknight [9 PL, 185pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter [10pts], Gatling Psilencer [20pts], Heavy Psycannon [20pts], Nemesis Greatsword [15pts]

++ Patrol Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [66 PL, 1,205pts, 9CP] ++

+ Configuration [10CP] +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) [12CP]

Brotherhood: Blades of Victory

Detachment Command Cost [-2CP]

+ HQ [17 PL, 320pts, -1CP] +

Brotherhood Techmarine [5 PL, 80pts]: 1: Gate of Infinity, Boltgun, Omnissian Power Axe

. Servo Arms

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [12 PL, 240pts, -1CP]: 1: Gate of Infinity, 2: Empyric Amplification, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter [10pts], Foretelling of Locus [2 PL, 30pts], Gatling Psilencer [20pts], Heavy Psycannon [20pts], Nemesis Daemon Greathammer [10pts], Shield of Humanity [-1CP], Vanguard Aggression

+ Troops [12 PL, 220pts] +

+ Fast Attack [28 PL, 480pts] +

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 240pts]

. 9x Interceptor (Halberd) [216pts]: 9x Nemesis Force Halberd, 9x Storm Bolter

. Interceptor Justicar [24pts]

Interceptor Squad [14 PL, 240pts]

. 9x Interceptor (Halberd) [216pts]: 9x Nemesis Force Halberd, 9x Storm Bolter

. Interceptor Justicar [24pts]

+ Heavy Support [9 PL, 185pts] +

I don't think so. When you consider the army is revolving around the 5 dreadknights, and each techmarine can only heal 1, and that's IF its range.

They can also awaken the machine spirit, which helps the standard dreadknights too.

Edited by Captain Coolpants

So boring, tbh. Now expect NDKs to be overnerfed and keep shelves for another 3 years.

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. GK competitive list building despite the options is limited to three units - PAGK, NDK, Draigo. Honestly this alone is putting me off playing GK (on top of other things) - despite me trying my best to come up with alternative list ideas. Options and character upgrades are boring after 3-4 games, relics very much the same path. I'm also expecting PAGK units to lose 1 attack tbh - unpopular opinion there, but one nonetheless. Our options are there to remain competitive, but are we an efficient army outside of MW spamming? Hell, no.

Edited by Skywrath

I believe, if GK become too popular, meta will eventually shift to anti-ndk builds again. Expect lots of eradicators and meltra retributors. I don't think, that pagk need point hike. TDA need price drops, hefty ones, like 5 pts per model, 3 at very least. Purifiers need to lose their additional point over gkss. 

I

List is a bit boring, but then again competitive lists from all factions often boil down to spamming the top 3 or so units of said book. I honestly think there are other builds that can do the business though. Terminators have a spot, especially in Preservers, I think its overlooked in favor of super-damage-ouput Interceptor spams but playing the longer, tankier game could work too. It kind of comes down to the Grey Knight faction as whole being limited to, well, PAGKs, Terminators and Dreadknights if you want to keep it "pure Grey Knights". The standard Marine vehicles don't really benefit from being Grey Knights. I do think multi-Rhino/Razorback and multi-Purifier builds, with maybe the Nuke Libby and Refining Flame Ancient, for a really high MW-output list could wreck some stuff too, especially the current top-tier armies who have no (or very limited) psychic defence. 

If we're being honest, the top-tier factions actually have the tools to deal with Dreadknights and PAGKs. Cognis Lascannons and Dark Lances still are gonna wreck Dreadknights if the player isn't rolling super hot on 4++ saves, and there's a bunch of D2 weaponry out there as well. We'll have to see how the meta evolves but I do not think that GKs are going to be so impactful that DKs will get nerfed. Black Templars are around the corner and will probably have great psychic defence and huge combat capability that will put GKs to shame. GW have hinted at Tyranids/GSC, which also are psychically huge and could well have the big gribblies to eat DKs (if they get the same kind of boost that DKs did) and the massed little gribblies and board control to really limit how Interceptors can move and Teleport Assault's efficiency. They've also hinted at an Imperial army of some sort, un apgrade to Astra Militarum and their vehicles being brought in line with current 9th ed vehicles (Raiders, Ork Speed Freak stuff, Sisters tanks, DKs) could well throw the kind of firepower on the board that will have GKs thinking twice about charging into - and again with the body count and board control to slow those Interceptors down. 

Also, this is the first 1st place we've seen GK take since the new book dropped, at least that I know of. There are a couple top 4s on 40kstats (3rd and 4th place), but then various factions are placing in the top 4 on a pretty regular basis, and the only factions regularly placing 1st or 2nd are still AdMech and Drukhari. I wouldn't worry too much about GKs getting a nerf (especially since we've now got the FAQ) and I honestly think the meta is going to quickly adapt to DK and PA spam, its actually already pretty well equiped to deal with it. We're gonna have to come up with other lists if we want to stay fresh and relavant. 

I think the list is interesting, I havnt seen any blades lists yet. Wonder if it's just for the WLT. Also I noticed the 2nd grandmaster has a hammer, maybe his meta has knights in it? Also he has 3 instances of gate, and no vortex or sanctuary. Sanctuary I understand, but vortex is a dirty broken power now. Well I'm glad we have a first place finish, and I doubt that anything will change just yet.