Why is Helbrechts armour golden?

Maritn

I found it. It was republished in the 2003 edition of Chapter Approved. Here's the scanned page (click on the image for a larger version).

med_gallery_26_7488_219474.jpg

As you can see, my memory was a bit fuzzy. It started in a basilica; and he was a brother, not a sergeant.

Sigismund remained in black armour. That's good enough for me. :wink:

I found it. It was republished in the 2003 edition of Chapter Approved. Here's the scanned page (click on the image for a larger version).

med_gallery_26_7488_219474.jpg

As you can see, my memory was a bit fuzzy. It started in a basilica; and he was a brother, not a sergeant.

Sigismund remained in black armour. That's good enough for me. :wink:

Awesome. Thanks for that. I'll take a look at it this evening.

Has anyone got examples of the current Helbrecht model in Black? Would love to see people's work as I like the idea of him in less ostentatious colours. My whole templar force has done away with gold, using silver details instead.

With regards the official colour for the gold/bronze, I'd assume some kind of base like Balthasar Gold or Brass Scorpion, maybe washed with Sepia to give it a more yellow tone? I would assume they'll do an official painting video guide to accompany it when it drops. They seem to do this for special releases still. 

What is the proper GW paint to paint his armor color? Retributor is too dark.

I use a base of Retributor armour and shade it with gloss Aggrax Earthshade. Then I drybrush with Liberator gold and then pick out the edge highlights with Stormhost silver. It seems a fairly quick but effective way of doing gold armour.

med_gallery_82363_13858_134880.jpg

What is the proper GW paint to paint his armor color? Retributor is too dark.

Isnt helbriecht wearing bronze armour?

Well... The issue is gold, bronze and brass are all actually very close in shade (with bronze and brass, it depends on the exact ratio since both are alloys, but let's not get into the semantics of metallurgy here!)

However, the new model seems to have the same colouration of armour as the old one:

99800101005_HelbrechtNEW_01.jpg

oHhNtNcyGJg50KQH.jpg

According to the website's paint swatches, Helbrecht's armour is the "brass" colour:

6e36aa9d-3b85-5758-9236-82adda262516.jpg

Which is this: Warplock Bronze (base), Agrax Earthshade (shade), Brass Scorpion (layer), Runelord Brass (layer)

However, I'd say it's more of a brassy colour. Like the "aged Brass" swatch:

48c838d6-601c-59c0-ab19-2b4b0e3cbd52.jpg

Which they say is: Retributor Armour (base), Agrax Earthshade (shade), Skullcrusher Brass (layer) and Stormhost Silver (layer)

Edited by Gederas