Looking for insight on how to fight this BT list

Helias_Tancred

lol looking for some list insight on how to battle this Black Templar list.

1k Incursion- all primaris

Chaplain (W)

Apothecary

Redemptor Dreadnought

5 man Bladeguard Veteran squad

5 man Eradicator squad

2 five man Assault Intercessor squads

I admit, its pretty well-honed for a 1k Incursion game. In the past my more shooty Blood Angel lists had a better time fighting against it.

He is a friend of mine, so I don't want to go blatantly cheese or net list. 

Hah, it's a list that works pretty well for us too :) A lot will depend on who goes first.
If I were going blind, I would probably mirror it exchanging the Redemptor for something more BA-specific because I don't have a painted plasma for my Redemptor :D

I think going against BT in general I would expect my opponent to come to me and come aggressively. With this in mind, I would plan on hitting him on T2 or going second and taking a punch. I would probably take JP DC for a "surprise" suicidal shot to mess with his battle plan, especially if I managed to go first. In this instance, I would try to tie and deplete his Eradicators with them. The unit must be big enough to potentilly withstand their overwatch (note there is a certain type of terrain that can increase chances of overwatch).
I would also be taking Eradicators myself - the heavy melta rifle option as I found their damage output amazing. They will scare the hell out his Redemptor and later threaten his Infantry all day. Just mind that if you go second, they will be top-priority target

Also shooty troops. I think his Assault Intercessors (although cheap) are his main weakness - he will need to decide weather he wants to use them as troops to score, or as an assault unit to charge you. Once he looses them, he will be significantly hindered in terms of scoring. And if they stay on objectives, they do not threaten you much (just mind the 18" range of their pistols)

I believe a SP is a must here as he will increase overall durability across the turns significantly. Also some Invulns and for this either VanVets or BGVets. If you take BGVets, SP probably does not need a JP, so you could save some points there. In my list, his job would be to give FnP to Eradicators and BGVets.

Personally I think a phobos+DC list that Karhedron mentioned might work here. A Phobos Libby with Prince of Deceit WLT (wouldn't take the chaplain then), deployed really aggressively alongside at least one unit of Incursors to see if you manage to influence his deployment and mask the fact that you plan on actually charging with DC, not the Incursors. I think Sanguinary Discipline for the libby is best here - Shield of Sanguinius and Unleash Rage would greatly benefit DC, if you manage to charge them into something. 
If you go first, you would redeploy Incursors to cover the Libby on some safely distanced location (outside his T1 charge range), FF DC to a good charging position, cast whatever you manage on them and charge Eradicators or his characters if your opponent exposes them. I would prioritise Eradicators though.
If you go second, obviously redeploy and hide your DC, preparing the ground for a T2 assault on his advancing units. 

Just one thing - I remember BT had some kind of FF-equivalent strat at one point. Weaker then ours, but with similar threat range. Can't remember what it was though

I won a tourney with this list, and I wouldn't be particularly scared of the above list.

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Blood Angels) ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Blood Angels Successor, Tactical Withdrawal, Whirlwind of Rage

Battle Size: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Angel Ascendant

+ HQ +

Sanguinary Priest: 2. Artisan of War, Artificer Armour, Astartes Chainsword, Bolt pistol, Chapter Command: Chief Apothecary, Jump Pack, Selfless Healer, Stratagem: Angel Exemplar, Teeth of Terra, Warlord

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad
. . 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired combat blades
. . Incursor Sergeant

Infiltrator Squad: Helix gauntlet
. . 4x Infiltrator: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Marksman bolt carbine
. . Infiltrator Sergeant: Quake Bolts

+ Elites +

Sanguinary Guard
2 Fists, 2 Swords 1 Axe

Vanguard Veteran Squad: Jump Pack
Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

3x Vanguard Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
3x Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield
3x Vanguard Veteran: Power fist, Storm shield

+ Fast Attack +

Attack Bike Squad
3x Attack Bike: Multi-melta

++ Total: [55 PL, 4CP, 999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Sorry was pushed for time before. This is also non standard BA, but a successor running tactical withdrawal and whirlwind of rage.

Elaborating, infiltrating units can deploy on, or steal objectives as needed with guerilla. Either of my melee units can wipe the bladeguard if needed - claws dont care about transhuman, and I get plenty of extra attacks from whirlwind. The eradicators are the only thing I have a question mark over. They'll undoubtedly wipe whatever they target if they come on from tactical reserves, so it's a game of trying to hit them first, however remember that it doesnt matter if you lose all your units, scoring VP's is the way to win.

Infiltrators will help with screening out straegic reserves somewhat. In this list, I have the priest running around with the bikers to give them a 6+++ and bring one back each turn. Basically your opponents entire army would have to shoot them to wipe them, at which point the priest just jumps to another, and all your assault elements are untouched and within 12 - 18". 

10x 2+/4++/6+++ saves are surprisingly durable, and I get decent points from While we stand with this unit (the 3 being the attack bikes, vanvets and sanguard). 

Edited by Xenith