Best legs/bodies to match SM Heroes scale/proportions?

appiah4

So I have 3 packs of Series 1 Space Marine heroes, 1 Sergeant, 1 Plasma and 1 Boltgun.  I want to add two more to the lot, and paint them as a small squad.  I'm an oooold collector/modeller and I haven't really bought any Tactical Squad boxes since, I don't know, 4th or 5th edition.. So pretty much all the legs/body bits I have are the old squat, gorilla arm space marines.  Oh, I also have the Kill Team Cassius box, but those don't seem to match the scale either.  

I was wondering which kits/bits are the best to scavenge from in order to best match these figures.  They seem to be taller than 3E/4E stuff, but they also seem to be shorter than the Deathwatch stuff I have, so I'm kind of lost.  Photos/pictures would also be nice.  Cheers!

They're taller as they have more straight standing poses as opposed to the battle-squat of the normal box. The ~2017 Deathwatch boxed set will give you the tallest legs, with the ~2010 or so space wolves pack also having more upright legs. I really have no idea why they started going upright with Space Wolves, then straight back to squatting with Blood Angels a couple of years later. 

You can also stick a tiny blob of GS between the legs and torso to give them an extra mm or so height. 

if you are based in the US you may (if you are lucky) be able to pick up space marine adventures - Labyrinth of the Necrons or one of the expansions/paint set to get some more of these models. Barnes and Noble or Target seem to have them listed on their sites still.

In the UK, Only Game was stocking the game and you couldnt get the expansions