Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine - Anniversary Edition

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Joe

Joe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,515 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him

Just cropped up on Steam. Doesn't seem to be any upgrades to the game itself, however your existing copy of the game will upgrade to the Anniversary Edition for free.

This Anniversary Edition of the game includes for the first time:

• The full soundtrack for the game
• Classic and brand new wallpapers
• The original manual (pdf)
• The Official Strategy Guide (pdf)
• Ringtone
• The Collector’s Edition Artbook (pdf)
• Collectors cards (pdfs)
• The original launch trailer

The Anniversary Edition also includes the original main Space Marine game, along with all DLC released for the game:

• Chaos Unleashed Map Pack
• Dreadnought Assault DLC
• Iron Hand Veteran Chapter Pack DLC
• Death Guard Champion Chapter Pack DLC
• Golden Relic Bolter
• Golden Relic Chainsword
• Power Sword
• Blood Angels Veteran Armour Set
• Salamanders Veteran Armour Set
• Alpha Legion Champion Armour Set
• Legion of the Damned Armour Set
• Emperor's Elite Pack
• Traitor Legions Pack

• Prot, RolandTHTG, Brother Lunkhead and 11 others like this

kSfahiz.pngCIImQcN.png8HDWzMB.png

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,769 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Oh man, any news on this front is good. Space Marine remains a fantastic game with lots of flavor and I'm still hoping for a sequel.
  • Prot and Iron Father Ferrum like this

Spagunk

Spagunk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,257 posts

Neat. I forget but im pretty sure I have it. Nice upgrade!

• Son of Carnelian likes this

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpgsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_40907_9492_4019.gifgallery_62972_10568_7658.jpggallery_62972_10568_31437.jpg

I am on Instagram now! Follow me at https://www.instagra...warhamsandwich/

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,095 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade
I dont think companies do these things randomly, perhaps the rumors of a sequel werent so far fetched.
  • RedFox and matcap86 like this
++Imperator Rex++
++Dei Castigator++

matcap86

matcap86

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
  • Faction: DA, Custo, Ad-mech, GsC, SoB

I dont think companies do these things randomly, perhaps the rumors of a sequel werent so far fetched.

Don't do that. Don't give me hope.
  • Iron Father Ferrum and Wraith776 like this

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,162 posts

I mean with the brand positively on fire right now, with tons of action figures being made, tons of other media being explored, making another push into the action video game genre doesn't seem too far fetched.

On its own though, it doesn't really go beyond "huh, interesting" though.

• redmapa likes this

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,731 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

I got mine with the WD steam codes and beat the main game. Will have to see what the DLCs add cause I believe the WD code only gave the base game.

A challenge is a challenge till it is beaten, then it is a victory.
The greater the challenge the greater the victory, so I challenge the impossible.

Jukkiz

Jukkiz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,161 posts
  • Faction: Sinners

I got mine with the WD steam codes and beat the main game. Will have to see what the DLCs add cause I believe the WD code only gave the base game.

chaos mode aka PvE mode, dreadnought vs mode and skins.

I feel like this is just pandering to get off some bad press from GWs side from latest stunts again. Free dlc is free though

Edited by Jukkiz, 23 September 2021 - 06:17 PM.

"Every world is under Emperors might, then why i feel empty..."

15th tactical marine 6th company, Ermus. Sinners chapter

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,380 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons, Guard

Got it from a humble bundle a year or so ago with a bunch of other games. Never played it (mostly a fan of RTSs like DoW) but it sounds like I should at a minimum download it from the cloud so I can get the new goodies.

• Iron Father Ferrum and Vesalius like this

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 777 posts

I feel like this is just pandering to get off some bad press from GWs side from latest stunts again. Free dlc is free though

That's a stretch.

1) Space Marine is actually 10 years old this month

2) GW never promoted that this was a thing. If you want to get some heat off yourself for bad press, then you might actually wanna promote the good press

Edited by sitnam, 23 September 2021 - 07:32 PM.

• RWJP, Shinespider and Halandaar like this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,405 posts
I hope that make this Xbox backwards compatible as well, would happily buy another copy to play this again (no idea where my original disk is and I don’t own a PC to play it there).
  • Triszin likes this

rookie40K

rookie40K

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 320 posts
I used to check backwards compatible for Xbox weekly. Awesome game and miss playing it.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,533 posts

I hope that make this Xbox backwards compatible as well, would happily buy another copy to play this again (no idea where my original disk is and I don’t own a PC to play it there).

What I want right here. Xbox back compat upgrades do some crazy things
banana

Vesalius

Vesalius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

Got it from a humble bundle a year or so ago with a bunch of other games. Never played it (mostly a fan of RTSs like DoW) but it sounds like I should at a minimum download it from the cloud so I can get the new goodies.

There’s a Space Marine discord for setting up multiplayer games. The multiplayer is really fun, and I say this as someone who dislikes online multiplayer games 😂
  • Domhnall likes this

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,407 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Oh damn, that's nice. I absolutely adored that game on PS3, enough to buy it again on PC. I never played the multiplayer incidentally, was too busy enjoying the campaign with its absurdly fun combat, killer voicework and BOSS GRIMSKULL (He ain't so easy to kill...). As mentioned earlier I'd like to believe a sequel is in the works but I won't hold my breath.

• Vesalius likes this

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

I have an Instagram too, if you like that sort of thing!

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

eternal_warrior12

eternal_warrior12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 221 posts
Cool I want to watch a thread burn!

Leandros did the right thing.

Naryn

Naryn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 564 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons
Always wanted to play this. Guess now's as good a time as any!

chapter master 454

chapter master 454

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,396 posts
  • Faction: Angels of Justice

Cool I want to watch a thread burn!

Leandros did the right thing.

I mean, according to what the story was going to be he was.

However he still deserves to be admonished and rightly castigated for ratting out a fellow brother to the inquisition like that, rank being not a point here. The astartes deal with their own, not the inquisition!

I Chapter Master 454, Chapter Master of the Angels of Justice, Warboss of WAAAGH Gubskul, Commander of a Catachan Regiment, Phaeron of a Tomb World, Shas'O to a Cadre and Princeps of a lance of House Taranis hereby pledge that I will not take up any further models til all other prior have been fully built and painted to tabletop standards. There is no time limit for this task, there is no deadline. My oath is to solemnly complete the armies I have now, to see it that they can have their glory. Paint will be stripped from the old in need, thick may it be like ceramite I will see it removed so that plastic and metal alike may see light of new paint. Models yet to be, boxed and in darkness will be assembled with due care and attention. For this task I am permitted to still buy the supplies needed to do my task but not one model more.

http://www.bolterand...one-model-more/ the thread to my oath. My own reminder.

http://www.bolterand...rk-in-progress/ my own chapter
"The objective of playing a game is to win. The point of playing a game is to have fun. Never confuse the two"

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,544 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

Ah, yes, Space Marine... the game to blame for I don't know how many thousands spent on 40k models :P

• mel_danes, Burni and Iron Father Ferrum like this

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,259 posts

Among the crowd waiting for a sequel or PS4 release! 

• Iron Father Ferrum and Kenzaburo like this

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

Wispy

Wispy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,421 posts

this is simply relic milking it's back catalogue. relic is not making any more space marine games, fullstop. They weren't interested in making one when I left in 2017 and that's unlikely to have changed today. They know-how & tech simply isn't there anymore and they're occupied with other projects. They have two teams internally, one working on Company of Heroes 3 and the other Age of Empires 4.

Sincerely, former Relic employee of 11 years

Edit: I am aware of the rumours that say Space Marines 2 is being made... But let me emphasize, in no uncertain terms, if these rumours are true, it is not being made by Relic. this is simple backlog catalogue mining.

Edited by Wispy, 24 September 2021 - 09:09 AM.

• mel_danes, RolandTHTG, Domhnall and 1 other like this

Domhnall

Domhnall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 207 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Reivers

There’s a Space Marine discord for setting up multiplayer games. The multiplayer is really fun, and I say this as someone who dislikes online multiplayer games

This was the first game I played online multiplayer on since early 2000's, and then again until last year!

I loved Space Marine online, and not meaning to brag, but I absolutely dominated that second from bottom position on the ranking on almost every match. cool.png

• Sarvis likes this

lhg033

lhg033

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,542 posts

I have this on the PS3 somewhere and I think I got a free steam code for it a while back too so awesome. Only played it on console but it was great fun and a fairly decent story.

Really enjoyed the game. Nice to see it get a bit of love/publicity again.

gallery_20758_7799_19457.jpggallery_48988_17142_38421.png

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,544 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

I've been meaning to for a while, so this actually seems like a good opportunity to give another playthrough.

Domhnall

Domhnall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 207 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Reivers

this is simply relic milking it's back catalogue. relic is not making any more space marine games, fullstop. They weren't interested in making one when I left in 2017 and that's unlikely to have changed today. They know-how & tech simply isn't there anymore and they're occupied with other projects. They have two teams internally, one working on Company of Heroes 3 and the other Age of Empires 4.

Sincerely, former Relic employee of 11 years

Edit: I am aware of the rumours that say Space Marines 2 is being made... But let me emphasize, in no uncertain terms, if these rumours are true, it is not being made by Relic. this is simple backlog catalogue mining.

Piggybacking on from this. It may be true that SM2 is being considered, but until something comes out, that's all it is, a consideration. sad.png  
The powers that be who own the rights would obviously have known that interest in GW/40k has increased in the past year, and making money being what it is they'll obviously be interested in riding that wave of popularity. However, as Wispy said, it's most likely them squeezing a little bit more money out of what they already have, rather than them ploughing money into creating something from the ground up (or whatever dark magic games developers do) that may or may not bring in the money. 

They may do something more if this brings in enough to suit the bean counters, but I'm not too hopeful (but I am a wishful optimist at the same time!)

Here! Maybe next year we can have Warhammer++³ where we get all the benefits of warhammer+, but they add on the games back catalogue as well woot.gif tongue.png drool.gif biggrin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users