Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine - Anniversary Edition

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,686 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands, Alpha Legion
One of my favorite games ever! I can't find my Xbox disc...might have to indulge on Steam.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,896 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

Pre-existing owners getting all the DLC added for free is nice. They didn't need to do that so it's a pure bonus.

• Focslain likes this

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.pnggallery_84244_11417_4840.pnggallery_84244_11417_13317.jpg gallery_84244_11417_22884.png gallery_84244_16882_1051.png gallery_84244_16660_5008.jpg gallery_84244_15233_309.jpg gallery_84244_11417_4224.png

Fenriwolf

Fenriwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 230 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Fists

Might download it to see if there's enough people online to try the dread dlc since i never got it at the time (the playerbase splitting multiplayer dlcs weren't that great of an idea for a game that was failry niche from the start). 

Edited by Fenriwolf, 24 September 2021 - 02:31 PM.

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

Inquisitor Eisenhorn

++ CANTOR ARDENS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 1,119 posts
  • Faction: Forces of the Imperium

This game was incredible back in the day.  Hordes of Orks running at me, lob a grenade into them, start blasting them with my bolter, here they come chainsword time!!!  Incredible. 

The one thing I always wished was that there would have been chapter-specific lobbys so you could have, say, a whole team of blood angels in PVP rather than a bunch of random chapters. 

• Son of Carnelian likes this

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,531 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore
I think I replay this game like once a year, it's just such a simple-minded joy to play. Definitely will be snagging this.
  • Son of Carnelian likes this

People like to whinge and moan about "the good old days," when things "were cool" and now somehow aren't.
One would think that this energy would be better invested in pursuing things one finds more to one's liking.
Then again, common sense doesn't seem to be all that common.

Kenzaburo

Kenzaburo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 483 posts
  • Faction: Adeptus Custodes

Great news, but too bad for me. Since it's release I've switched to a Mac and a PS4 - and Space Marine won't run on those. I still got my old 360, of course, but no internet connection, so this freebie won't be usable. 

Anyways: What a cool game that was. To this day Mark Strong's voice gives me the warm and fuzzies of hearing Titus' voice. I sooo wanted to like the MP part, but the connection was laggy as hell all the time, which ended in me being crushed over and over again. But I liked the gameplay a lot, liked Titus and the older vet. Despised Leandros for being an insufferable git and then there was that whole scene with the titan. Oh my.

My only real nitpick back then was that Space Marine lacked any really cool intro and outro cinematics a la the DoW series.

Visit my painter profile on Instagram: https://www.instagra...gfused.painter/

gallery_48988_15465_14148.png gallery_48988_15465_5251.png gallery_48988_16045_6601.png

My Titanicus Plog  My Ultramarines Primaris Plog

Magos Takatus

Magos Takatus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,680 posts

It's some pretty cool news. I don't know if this is a way to drum up hype for some extra development of the series but it would be great if that was the case.

I really liked the game and it's nice to see the game get a new chance to be relevant. I used to enjoy the multiplayer (apart from the constant host migration) so it would be interesting to see what happens to the game population increase for a while.

Formerly known as Flame Boy since about 1999. Time for a change! smile.png

My Adeptus Mechanicus Ploghttp://www.bolterand...og-torburnides/

My Ork Ploghttp://www.bolterand...oys-orky-horde/

https://www.instagra.../magos_takatus/

gallery_48988_15465_6059.png

Schlitzaf

Schlitzaf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,026 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar: Dalthus Crusade
Wait Relic is doing AoE 4?
PEbafT7.png?1http://www.bolterand...althus-crusade/
Wish List:
BT Crusader Biker- http://www.bolterand...igensian-squad/
BT Primaris Crusaders - (WIP)
"Proper Tool for the Proper Job"

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,533 posts

Wait Relic is doing AoE 4?

Off topic, but yes they are.
banana

BladeOfVengeance

BladeOfVengeance

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 560 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines
This was the game that made me love Space marines, I feel it’s the only game to ever capture their speed and weight in motion

The multiplayer was epic too!

tvih

tvih

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,544 posts
  • Faction: CF/BT/Orks/SoB/IG

This was the game that made me love Space marines, I feel it’s the only game to ever capture their speed and weight in motion

The multiplayer was epic too!

And as someone new to 40k beyond reading Space Hulk PC reviews way back when, even more specifically it made me love jump pack marines. Which makes it so odd that I've used them so little in 40k - other than a few times as HQ I probably last used JP marines once since 6th edition. I really gotta get the rest of my JP Vanguard painted...

20210925132735_1.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users