Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jarandus Crusade

Modeling Painting Black Templar

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Amocat

Amocat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
A fledgeling crusade page from a longtime Templar modeler who’s decided to finally start putting together a thematic army with some light personal fluff.

Reinhard

Reinhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,408 posts

Welcome to the Eternal Crusade, brother! I will look forward to coming posts!

• Amocat likes this

BayOkuz

BayOkuz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 131 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Welcome back , brother! 

No pity, No remorse, No fear!

• Amocat likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Amocat

Amocat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts

In 2012 I walked into a hobby shop after deciding I wanted to revisit a favorite childhood hobby: model building. Seeing the 40K shelf it reminded me of another favorite hobby when I was a kid: war games. I was clueless about what edition it was, what meta gaming meant, and how the game was played. after some browsing and reading decided on the most aesthetically pleasing SM chapter: the Black Templars. Everything looked like a Motörhead album cover, and I was hooked. After weeks painting up a small force of marines and meeting some local gamers to actually play I realized: I had chosen an outdated force that had no real role in the new edition of a game that the more I played the less I liked. I was disappointed, but I continued to build and fiddle with Templar themed marine models while shifting my focus to other games. For years I daydreamed of a revised Templar codex. Of new models. Then the rumors of new true scale marines I had suspected were coming proved true. Again, I was disappointed that mostly these weren’t in the BT wheelhouse, but they were neat and I was happy to have cool new models to build. I was convinced I would never see a new BT kit: the motif wasn't copywrite friendly, the major chapters dominated everything and each edition marines got a little less grim and a little more smurfy. But with the release of Sisters of Battle in plastic, something I had been told would never happen, I found renewed hope. And now, after months of rumors and rumors of rumors: it has arrived. Years of walking in darkness with only my faith in some designer in Nottingham and the light of the Emperor to guide me, I am delivered. The new models have lit a fire under me to dive back into Templars with the zeal and fury they deserve. I’ve decided to start this thread to post updates on my army and show off some of my work. Nothing spectacular, but this is a hobby that is helped by positive attention and feedback.

Eternaly Crusading,

Justin 

-"In the grim darkness of my basement, there is only half finished projects."

Edited by Amocat, 29 September 2021 - 12:41 AM.

• TheOneTrueZon and BayOkuz like this

Amocat

Amocat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
I figured my crusade needs a fancy ride to get to and from the fray, so I picked up this tool box and spent the evening magnetizing my little primaris force. Very satisfying, and while the toolbox isn’t super cheap, it’s way more affordable than the magnetized transport bags you can buy. Cool trim and paint apps to follow.

cjbtpfA.jpg

Edited by Amocat, 28 September 2021 - 05:57 PM.

• Reinhard, Marshal Mattias, TheOneTrueZon and 3 others like this

Amocat

Amocat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
8IhuOzB.jpg

WIP Black tide incoming

Edited by Amocat, 29 September 2021 - 05:44 AM.

• Othniel's Blade, TheOneTrueZon and Medjugorje like this

Crom's Will

Crom's Will

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
Those are some nice new Templars coming!
  • Amocat likes this

gallery_48988_10069_3005.pnggallery_48988_17142_22306.pngvPwNQrt.gif

Amocat

Amocat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
If anybody is interested in Instagram hobby networking, I’m accumulating photos of my work at https://www.instagram.com/amocat713/

Amocat

Amocat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
Decals time for the assault squads TOhL8YK.jpg

Edited by Amocat, 15 October 2021 - 02:57 AM.

• Marshal Loss, Bjorn Firewalker, Shovellovin and 1 other like this

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 14,840 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
Excellent work on the Assault Squad, Amocat.
  • Amocat likes this
Previous projects: Wolves of Catachan (the Wolfbrothers Chapter reborn), Steel Crusaders (Codex: Iron Hands), Iron-hearted Angels (Codex: Blood Angels supplement).

Current projects: Knights of Renaissance (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Marines), Grim Knights of Grimm Nights (Red vs. Blue Marines).

Amocat

Amocat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
Thanks! Can’t wait to finish the details and get them flat coated

T14

T14

++ MANUS NOCENTIBUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,815 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Looking good brother :tu:

It looks like you are using firstborn mkiii shoulders on your primaris models.

Are the mkiii shoulders And primaris shoulders identical in size?

cheers

-T

+++Keep Calm, and uphold the Edicts of Nikaea+++

+++Black Templars bringing Compliance to a sector near YOU. Some terms may apply. The Eternal Crusade may prove hazardous to the health of heretics, mutants, traitors and Xenos. Ill effects include but are not limited to execution, burning at the stake, getting blown to bits, battered into bloody pulp and in rare cases exterminatus. Contact your local Chapter Keep for details+++

Amocat

Amocat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 34 posts
Shoulders and heads are totally compatible, I wanted a little throwback look for the veteran squad
  • Othniel's Blade likes this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,952 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Looking fantastic so far, great job.

"All I wish to hear from your imperfect world is the silence of its dead."

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modeling, Painting, Black Templar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users