Future Liber projects - First poll: Setting

Kelborn

Future Liber project?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello there,

I hope everyone's doing fine these days.

The mod team (among some former mods) were recently discussing about what kind of future project we (including you of course) would like to commit to.

That's why I'm starting this poll in order to see where your current interests lie. 

First of all, we're curious about where to begin with? What kind of setting would you like to work with?

Canon? Reviving old Liber settings like the Liber Cluster? Or create an entire new one/ make use of community created ones like the Dominion of Storms?

We're eager to hear your thoughts! :biggrin.:

Cheers,

Kel

Edited by Kelborn

Sure!

The Liber Cluster was a Liber group project which created not only a realm seperate from the rest of the Imperium but quite a lot chapters and warbands.

A couple of years ago, a second Liber Cluster began but it lost its steam and was more or less abandonned.

The Dominion of Storms is another example of what we could do or rather of what we could make use of. It was my one of my first projects and I'd hand it over to a group project as it became too big for me to deal with it alone.

Here's a link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/323932-the-dominion-of-storms-the-coming-of-hope/?do=findComment&comment=4442378

Or another one, the Vraccarian Rift: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356619-creating-a-realm-the-vraccarian-rift/?do=findComment&comment=5331516

But again, those are just examples. :)

Very much looking forward to participating in this :) To be honest all three options could suit me, there are advantages to all - a custom setting would allow more freedom to express creativity, whereas we might get more participants for a canon setting

It's probably not quite as serious as the other suggestions/options in the thread, but I'd love to see/participate in a new roleplay-style thread in the vein of 'This is the Liber Astartes', especially now that we have Xenos in the mix! Backreading, it seemed like a phenomenal idea to develop the participants' original characters, Their Dudes, and life aboard the Legio Fortress.

It's probably not quite as serious as the other suggestions/options in the thread, but I'd love to see/participate in a new roleplay-style thread in the vein of 'This is the Liber Astartes', especially now that we have Xenos in the mix! Backreading, it seemed like a phenomenal idea to develop the participants' original characters, Their Dudes, and life aboard the Legio Fortress.

...I had so many plans for this year, brothers. :sweat: 

Foremost amongst them was a play-by-post, turn-based game (like the kraken hunts from long ago on the Space Wolf forum, but I can't seem to find the old threads :wacko.: ) featuring us Liberites as our in-universe Legio-member selves. We'd wind up on a mission to a jungle world, that quickly goes terribly, terribly awry, becoming an all-out fight for survival against some hyper-deadly wildlife, punctuated by everyone's descriptions of the battle/inner monologues/audibly blaming Ace for everything going wrong.

I was even going to award each Liberite re-rolls for saves/hits/etc for taking part in general Liber activity, either writing up your own Chapter/Warband/Forgeworld/Waaagh/etc or commenting on the efforts of others.

But this year has been a constant onslaught of stuff to do in real life, so my plans have stalled out completely.  :sad.:

More on topic, I'd be fine with either putting together a new setting or going back to the Liber Cluster; so long as I'm not required to take charge of it in either case. :laugh.:

I kinda see a trend in the comments. ;)

What you guys suggested fits an idea we had along, as well.

Really curious how things will evolve!

This poll will be left open until next Tusday. Afterwards, we'll have a look at its outcome and start the next one which will probably cover the scale of things and what we/ you would like to do with it. :)

Edited by Kelborn

I do not consider myself a relevant participan to  the Liber  as of vet to really vote on a direction,  but I am certainly interested in seeing how / what develops from this, seeing as there is a huge overlap with ideas and projects on the  RPG subforum.
I’ ll certainly keep an eye on this! 

I do not consider myself a relevant participan to the Liber as of vet to really vote on a direction, but I am certainly interested in seeing how / what develops from this, seeing as there is a huge overlap with ideas and projects on the RPG subforum.

I’ ll certainly keep an eye on this!

The Liber is always open to newcomers :D you can vote on this even if it's the first time posting here

I have no idea which way to vote in the poll, but I like the idea of contributing *something* :shrug:

roll a d3 :P

Seriously though, that can sometimes help decision making: you pick a decision randomly, but if you're disappointed in the result you go with what you'd have rather had instead - it's a way of getting to know what the subconscious wants

This looks interesting to me especially the new subsector possibilities as I was doing up a subsector for my Bloodmoon Hunters and I found I love making up planets.

Same! :biggrin.:   I made up quite a large number of worlds for fights to happen on in the Liber Cluster, mostly because I enjoyed the process (and to expand the setting a little) and had to stop myself from going into too much detail for each world each time I started inventing more.:sweat:

Whatever the next project turns out to be, I look forward to throwing more planets at it. :laugh.: