Navigator houses that serve Chapters

Gamiel

Beside House Belisarius do have any Navigator houses that provides navigators to a Chapter been named?

Do we know if it is usually one house that provide all the navigators a Chapter use, or can it be that a Chapter's ships are guide by navigators from different houses?

Also, do we have any examples of what happen to Navigator houses whose Chapter allies/clients are declared renegades?

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Navis_Nobilite

A nice collection of the back ground

So only the Space Wolves & the Black Ships use a single navigator house (3 in the case of the Black ships)... If ships /navigators are corrupted then investigations take place against the house and the house loses presteage and possibly ends up renegade.

Edited by Slasher956

• 2 weeks later...

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Navis_Nobilite

A nice collection of the back ground

So only the Space Wolves & the Black Ships use a single navigator house (3 in the case of the Black ships)... If ships /navigators are corrupted then investigations take place against the house and the house loses presteage and possibly ends up renegade.

Not the best resource since it doesn’t note where the information comes from.

Also, maybe I’m bad at reading that site but where do it say that only the Space Wolves use a single navigator house?

I can't remember where my copy is, but in the first Dawn of Fire novel, a Navigator implies some kind of alliance between the Ultramarines and her house. I don't think her house is the only house to provide navigators to the 13th, but they might be.

It's in the section about House Belisarius. The Space Wolves even give them an honour guard.

Maybe I'm blind but I can't see that it say that no other Chapter only work with one Navigator house there 

That's coz I misread your question as "where does it say the Space Wolves use" not "where does it say ONLY Space Wolves use"

So I dont have any soruces to back this up, this is just supposition. The answer likely varies chapter to chapter. Certain chapters might have a single house that they procure services from, whereas others maintain ties with multiple houses. Other chapters, such as the Carcarodons, might acquire their Navigators from a variety of services. We know that the Carcarodons operate on the fringe of the Imperium, where resources are difficult to acquire. They are known to indenture Imperial citizens as they see fit, even a stranded Rogue Trader. It's likely part of the Red Tithe that they 'conscript' navigators.

As for what happens to the Houses associated with renegades, I'd imagine that even the Inquisition treads lightly when investigating Navigators. The Navis Nobilite holds significant power in the Imperium, and their role is vital to interstellar travel. I'm not saying that Inquisitors wont investigate them, but they'd likely need more then circumstantial evidence to effectively prosecute them: even Inquisitors require the services of Navigators.