Orktoberfest 2021

toaae

I've got my whole pledge's Ork skin done:

med_gallery_14776_14614_1453047.jpg

That's three different skin tones, with another color added for the saddlegits/bombsquig snotling. I've also started work on the skin of the squigs. I've done yellow and red so far:

med_gallery_14776_14614_834887.jpg

med_gallery_14776_14614_35137.jpg

Solid progress!

Day 6 and I've successfully put the first flesh coat (plaguebearer flesh) on one kommando! Woohoo! Maybe I should spray myself red?!

How's everyone else getting on?

Well, I gots three of da boyz done:

gallery_46204_9220_168027.jpg

'scuse the poor quality pictcha, da mek's tinkerin' wif da better camera.

But while I'm 'ere, let me tell yer a little bit 'bout Warboss L'Gorg...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Warboss L'Gorg is well famous 'round da bit of space we calls "Mork's Toof"*, where 'e leads a right big, fighty mob. All kindsa boyz! Even some o' dat Beastpuncha tribe, an' dey dun't like anyone much!

Wot's 'e famous for? Fightin', obviously! But also, 'e's made lotz of ded orky stuff after winnin' fights. Like one time 'e built a big statchoo of an ork, wif fire comin' out of it's mouf, burnin' a bunch of liddle stoopid 'umies made of metal. Annover time 'e built a die-or-rama, wif da 'ead off one of dem big stompies** gettin' cut in' alf by a giant choppa, wif lots of saws an' blades on it.

I tell yoo wot, seein' it makes yoo feel right orky. Some 'umies, tho, dey dun't apper-eesee-ate proppa art. Makes 'em ded angry an' fighty! Acshually, maybe dey DO like da art? I dunno.

We krumped 'em all, anyway.

L'gorg sez e's got an "artist's soul in a ded fighty body", an 'e's always lookin' fer new stuff ta make art wif. Sez 'e's "Spreddin' proppa Kultcha", so everyone can see why Orkz is Da Best. Da boyz all agree, Boss L'Gorg can make stuff wif loot dat'd make Gork an' Mork go "Oi, dat's right Orky!"

Wot's dat? Wot's wif all da flash gold bitz? Easy! Dat's Warboss L'Gorg's fayvrite colour, innit? Sez since we's da best, we should 'ave all da flash. Makes sense, dunnit?

*Da 'umies calls it da "Glastheim Rifts", which is a stoopid name.

** 'Umies call dese "knight titans", I fink.

EDIT:

'Ere, Typin' like dis is 'ard. Krump da typos!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Busy week so progress is slower than hoped for. Smasha squig almost done, needs work on the saddle, banner and metallics then final highlights, weathering and the base. Hmmmm, not almost done after all, it seems :wink: I've just started sketching in colors on the nob.

http://i.imgur.com/sNo7v6El.jpg

Edited by andes

I'll sort out pictures for vow later,

Waaagh Karfang rounds up some more snaggas.

11 beastsnagga boys(1 primed, 10 just built)

3 squighogs, nob on smasha squig.

Beastboss

(Edit for link as having gallery problems)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVjUksioShQ/?utm_medium=copy_link . Now to finish in time

Edited by Brother Sergeant Tiberius

Busy week so progress is slower than hoped for. Smasha squig almost done, needs work on the saddle, banner and metallics then final highlights, weathering and the base. Hmmmm, not almost done after all, it seems :wink: I've just started sketching in colors on the nob.

http://i.imgur.com/sNo7v6El.jpg

That's painted awesome

Awrite, ya gitz, 'ere we go!

Formally putting in my Kommando Kill Team, Krogga'z Zoggers - a nasty little gang of Blood Axes with a specialization in sneaking, spycraft and general skullduggery - for the challenge.

The titular Krogga himself, magnetized to have either a Power Fist or a Big Choppa:

med_gallery_23421_16101_157642.jpg med_gallery_23421_16101_81354.jpg

Da Zoggers, in all of what someone might generously refer to as their glory:

med_gallery_23421_16101_130906.jpg

med_gallery_23421_16101_113036.jpg

And, finally...da Leftovers:

gallery_23421_16101_22897.jpg

Priming them up tomorrow, with a plan to paint them up resembling the classic 2nd Edition Kommandoz and their bright red regalia. A hearty WAAAGH! to the lot of ya!

Well done lads, off to a good start, I have undercoated my Kommando's and started painting (progress pic this week) 

@Triszin - i love the harpoon in his tail (must make him cranky) ,

@Croms will - is that literally? or figuratively?...slowly moving forwards!  :laugh.:

@Azaiel - i know how you feel...its been many months since I've painted some models too :ohmy.:

Mithril

I am starting an Ork Army for retro 2nd Ed. games with a friend who hasn’t played since 3rd. Aim to get to 3 color minimum by end of Orktober. Build is basically 2nd Ed box set x2 and Assault on Black Reach. So @ 100+ models not including the cardboard dreads.

Warboss (Black reach conversion)

Goff Space Orc Boss (circa 95??)

Goff Boyz 21x

Runtherd

10 Snotlings

Nobz 5x for Mob Leadership

Gretchin Mob 37x

TBD Boyz 20x

Deffkoptaz 3x

gallery_69585_17181_891328.jpeg

Edited by Kaptincha0s

I'm on vacation this week and have a Wednesday game that I'd like to have this squad of Warbikers ready for so am adding them to my pledge. Hopefully I can get them finished in time

http://i.imgur.com/MQs3cwjl.jpg

Edited by andes

++Updated to this point++

Looking good, ladz! I've decided to do the Nob on Smasha Squig to completion as a Beast Snagga test/concept model, so I'll share some progress pics of that duder when I've got something to share.

It's been nigh on seven years since I last put brush to mini (and I've never been much of a painter in the first place) so I'm feeling some anxiety... But zog it! Let's get stuck in:

I vow...

1x Nob w/ Power klaw and Kombi-Skorcha

9x Boyz w/ 1 Rokkit launcha

Still waiting for them to arrive by mail but hopefully I can get started next week! If all goes well, this will become the beginnings of a Greenskins Kill Team.

WAAAGH!!

Edited by Dumah

I'm on vacation this week and have a Wednesday game that I'd like to have this squad of Warbikers ready for so am adding them to my pledge. Hopefully I can get them finished in time

Unfortunately, I didn't get them finished in time for the game but they're done now

http://i.imgur.com/zomTtZYh.jpg