Orktoberfest 2021

toaae

Wot's dis? Ya didn't fink Waaaagh L'Gorg wud make it?

Well 'ere we are! :happy.:

gallery_46204_9220_282513.jpg

Troof be told I didn't fink we'd make it meself. :sweat:

'Ad ta finish before Novembah since dat's when work gets right busy, an' none of da ladz 'ave time ta do much paintin'.

More pics in da spoilers below. Dere's some skillingtons 'idden in dere since it's da right time of year, but if ya leaves 'em be dey ain't no trouble an' make good places ter 'rest yer boots against overnight.

gallery_46204_9220_175889.jpg

gallery_46204_9220_71795.jpg

EDIT: 'ere, da forum ate most of me post.

Dese are some of da Beastpunchas, led by One-eye da Nob. Dey've been wif us sice L'Gorg made "Da Skreem", a metal an' stone Ork 'ead that really WAAAAAAAAAGHS wen ya press da big red button.

Da Beastpunchas figure only a git favoured by Gork or Mork could make such an orky fing, so dey joined Boss L'Gorg on 'is quest ta bring some proppa kultcha to da galaxy!

Edited by Ace Debonair

Oi ya Gitz!

Got a tiny bit late because of two fightz against slaanesh gits. I had to build up the gits to mosch these scrawny gits. Now I pledge to paint da following gits for this event till 30th of Nobember:
1 Big Meg in Mega Armour and Tellyporta-Blasta

1 Nob on Smasha Squig

3 Squighog Boyz

5 Stormboyz

12 Kommandos (including 1 of each: Burna, Kustom Shoota, Distraction Grot, Bomb Squig)

for a total of 440 Points

DSC08213

Got my first git painted, in time to say I finished something for Orktober! WAAAGH! Quick and dirty has been my style for a long while, kinda stuck with it but it works! 

Weirdboy Finish

And since this Fest is going through Nobvember, I am gonna see if I can buckle down and paint some more gits! Starting with 5 Kommandos and their Bomb Squig from the lovely Kill Team set.

Kommandos Start

Orktober comes to an end, but
Orktoberfest
continues into Nobvember!

We've had a few completions and additional pledges, and a lot of progress pics! Thank you all for your participation!

Personally, I've really enjoyed finishing a Nob on Smasha Squig, but I'm now turning to finishing the rest of my pledge to that halfway-done "battle ready" standard. Hopefully I can get it done.

Edited by toaae

Projects this big take so much time it's unbelievable. I thought for sure I'd have the Gigasquig done by now, but life has a way of making a mockery of plans.

03-Gigasquig-01.jpg03-Gigasquig-02.jpg03-Gigasquig-03.jpg03-Gigasquig-04.jpg03-Gigasquig-05.jpg

The skin is done and the metals are back to black base. Still have the mouth, teeth/claws & weapons to tackle after that. Oy!

Projects this big take so much time it's unbelievable. I thought for sure I'd have the Gigasquig done by now, but life has a way of making a mockery of plans.

I hear ya! I was considering pledging a Kill Rig, but wimped out. Kudos to you for aiming big. Looks like you're making great progress, anyhow

Edited by andes

03-Gigasquig-01.jpg03-Gigasquig-02.jpg03-Gigasquig-03.jpg03-Gigasquig-04.jpg03-Gigasquig-05.jpg

The skin is done and the metals are back to black base. Still have the mouth, teeth/claws & weapons to tackle after that. Oy!

It does seem to be that the Bulk of the hard work is out of the way...metals are always much easier than skin (well that's what i have found :sweat: )

it looks great so far! 

Great work from everyone else too... i really need to book in some time (i'm thinking tonight :biggrin.: ) to get more coats of paint on my stuff and get some pics happening.... 

Mithril

Just wanted to say "Thanks Frater's"  because seeing all your stuff here got me motivated and I got up early this morning before work and got some base coats down on my Kommando's :sweat:  the Ball is rolling again.... :teehee: Many thanks Greenskin Thugs :wink:  

Mithril

++Updated to this point++

There are less than 23 days remaining, so I hope everyone is keeping the looming end in mind! As an American, I've got to keep in mind the holiday weekend at the end of the month. Currently, we have no plans, but that can always change and suddenly I find myself losing time I thought I could cram out some painting.

Personally, I'm still a mile away from reaching battle-ready with my lot. I've got the Stormboy rokkit packs to that standard, but now need to buckle down and slap out all these models. No idea if I'll make it in time, so here's hoping.

Great Squighogs there andes :smile.:

Unfortunately I'm drowning in work and anxiety batch painting 30 kommandos was a terrible idea and it's this wall I seemingly can't break. Need some more waaagh power...

Thanks :smile.: Kommandos are rough, so much detail but you can do it. Gork and possibly Mork approve of your efforts!

Edited by andes

@toaee

Have the deffkoptas, mega armor boss, wortsnagga, beast boss and squighog boys/nob done. Just have the camouflage on the kommandos to do and then itll be full speed ahead on the artel orks- finding it difficult to juggle paintint on and off streaming but i will have it done by events end

Another week, more stuff painted. Well, more surface area anyway, still just a massive squig. :biggrin.:

04-Gigasquig-01.jpg04-Gigasquig-02.jpg04-Gigasquig-03.jpg04-Gigasquig-04.jpg04-Gigasquig-05.jpg04-Gigasquig-06.jpg

And I got a good deal done on the weapons, including learning how to paint "heat-stained" barrels. In the end though, I wasn't feeling the main metallic color so I stripped all 3, erasing probably 8~10 hours worth of work.

04-Gigasquig-07.jpg

The deadline here is the 30th, so I'm doing well. The main painting comp I'm entering him in ends on the 15th though so I'm truly under the gun. Last week!

I feel ya lads, i was going all Camo and stuff on my Kommando's till i started...:confused:  then i had a rethink and went with WWII british colours :tongue.:  3 brown colours... lets hope it helps me finish em on time (and yes they have too much damn detail :sweat: ) don't know if i'd have pledged 30 though... :ermm:  @ 01RTB01 ...your crazy

Mithril 

Lads, dis 'ere thread's party's makin' it 'ard ta stick to me vow not ta get more orkz 'til I's finished paintin' all me uvva gits. :ermm: :sweat:

Da squig ridaz in par-tik-yu-lar look proppa good, I knows wot I'll be 'avin' when I gets ta recruit more lads for the Waaaaagh! :laugh.:

Fer dose of you's 'oo still 'ave orks ta paint - ya can do it! Gork (or maybe Mork) smiles on ya, all friendly-like. :happy.:

Grab ya green paint an' show evverywun dat da WAAAAAGH is always gettin' stronga! 

EDIT:

I's bad at dis typin' fing, made lotsa mistakes 'ere.

Dey's gone now tho!

Edited by Ace Debonair

After procrastinating all October. Got first 6 snaggas done to battle ready. Skin will need fixing later down the road but this is about getting TT ready

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWEz9MlIV3x/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by Brother Sergeant Tiberius