Orktoberfest 2021

toaae

Work has crippled me this month. I'm going to endeavour to finish some stuff, bases notwithstanding. However, I concur with Toaae that it's been great to see people's projects develop. Unfortunately unlike my necron escapades I've failed here.

Yeah.... "His undoing was the 30 Kommando's That he tried to paint!"  will be on your gravestone .... :tongue.: ...:laugh.:

I would have loved to join in but sadly I had a lot going on on my to-do list, including Blood Bowl Orcs. Sadly I don't think I could enter those. I'll just have to try again next year. Great work by those that have contributed this year, it's been inspiring to watch it unfold.

After weeks of waiting for paint to arrive so that I can finish the last models, I am finally a bit more hopeful that I shall be done with the models by the end of the month. 7 beastsnagga boys left...
The squigriders only need to get their bases fixed. Then, I will consider them done.

The stompa is ready for the table top, if not a showcase.
med_gallery_93773_17169_367966.jpg

well done lads, from the skinniest ork to the fattest gargantuan walker :biggrin.:  Both awesomely done indeed!!

The blue meanie and the yellow peril! 

Mithril

++EDIT++

that reminds me i need to summon  the Spirits of Gork & Mork this week to help with my speed painting of my vow ...I'd prefer not to fail it :sweat:

Edited by mithrilforge

Work has crippled me this month. I'm going to endeavour to finish some stuff, bases notwithstanding. However, I concur with Toaae that it's been great to see people's projects develop. Unfortunately unlike my necron escapades I've failed here.

Yeah.... "His undoing was the 30 Kommando's That he tried to paint!" will be on your gravestone .... :tongue.: ...:laugh.:

The two core boxes of clone wars that turned up yesterday aren't helping

Yesterday I started the process of looting some ad mech bots. 

I've kit bashed a mek with controller.

Not what I'm supposed to be doing but Wade's Blood Axes article on WarCom got my Death Skull juices going so I had a look through 'ere we go and freebooterz. Didn't realise that kastellans were bots back in RT days so here we are... Looking forward to orkifying the bots and have a 2nd pair coming.

20211126-152422.jpg 20211126-152357.jpg 20211126-151702.jpg 20211126-151649.jpg 20211126-152431.jpg

I managed to finish my Ullanor scale Orks with a few days to spare.

eVC0Pjtl.jpg

I was aiming for a more muted, realistic colour palette for these models and I think they turned out ok. The skin was a first for me. I used red to darken the green, shaded with purple and highlighted back up with green. Not too time consuming and I think it looks better than just putting a brown wash over green.

HVsMJmu.jpg?1

The freehand checkers aren't perfect, but I figured Orks aren't overly fussy, so was content with how they turned out.

Dallo

Well done to Everyone that's completed stuff...:thumbsup:  I know i won't be finishing my stuff on time :sad.:  But... i will finish it and post it here still as soon as i can

(as some sort of penance) 

I will say that at least this Orktober Painting Comp has made me start painting some units ... that's always a good thing!.

Mithril 

Here I was, all ready to post my completion when I realised I'd forgotten to do the Nob. Speed paint time....

Soooooo, speed paint right?

I actually did paint the Nob himself in 3hrs, but apparently it's taken a month to bother to print and paint a base for him....

Vow complete, 1 Nob, 18 Boyz, plus two extra's who were far too gone to vow,

gallery_48988_16869_176105.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_16060.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_119.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_377498.jpg

++Updated to this point++

++LESS THAN TWO DAYS++

Oh, snap! We're getting down to the wire! A reminder that you must share the completion photo before 11:59p in the last timezone to get credit.

I've been wanting to get into this event since I saw it but work and home stuff has been getting in the way. I hope I can be forgiven a tiny entry.

A wise ork once said the biggest waaagh starts with a single boy. Lot of rubbish that, someone should krump the git for sassing. How ya gonna waagh with one boy?

sml_gallery_62370_17230_40757.jpg

Edited by Akylas

My god...this month did not go as planned. Long story short, I had a LOT going on this month, most of which were distractions of many number. I literally did nothing Orky until the last few days where I crammed these guys in... Might go back and spice them up a bit, but for now, I call them good. 

Obviously, my attempt to inspire a boost to Ork painting failed. That said, despite a lack of painting overall, I do feel like more in the painting mood overall! Feels promising, we shall see how far that can carry me. Got a project to complete (very elite, all contrast, should be easy but famous last words...) and I hope to get some more stuff done before the year is over, but we shall see.

For now, my Orktober is complete! WAAAAGH! 

Kommandos Finish

While I'm disappointed that I couldn't quite find the time to participate this year (too many other projects on the go), I am nevertheless quite impressed with all the hobbying done by you folks!

Now go stomp yer enemies flat! :biggrin.:

Been a very frustrating day dealint with tech blackouts and failures but wanted to get quick pics in before the deadline as I have a lot of stuff to do this afternoon and am short on time-

Excuse the potato pics:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW6LpmHr8KD/?utm_medium=copy_link

Edited by The_Chaplain