Orktoberfest 2021

toaae

++ORKTOBERFEST HAS COME TO AN END++

Well done to everyone that got their completions in! Give me up to 48 hours to tabulate everything and write a final post.

Edited by toaae

Congrats to everybody who finished and big thanks to toaae for running it!

I bit off way more than I could chew for this event and then had a pretty hectic couple of months, so I only managed to finish the Warboss and 10 Boys, and put a few base coats down on another 10 and the Deffkoptas. I'll call that a personal win for now, and hey, I have something to vow for next year's event :biggrin.:

++ORKTOBERFEST 2021 FINAL REPORT++

A proppa' scrap!

Two months have elapsed and the Bolter & Chainsword's first Orktoberfest event has come to an end! Warbosses board-wide managed to scroll their way down to this little sub-forum, giving us twenty-seven participants pledging over three hundred models, more than I could really have hoped for. But it wasn't just empty promises; this little community deep on the board really bought in. We had many participants complete some number of models, WiP photos shared, and encouragement thrown about in a thread with more than a hundred and sixty responses.

Da numbas

In the WAAAGH! on gray plastic, the Orks sub-forum saw thirteen participants complete a total of twenty-one pledges. In total, over 5,000 points were promised and completed. They ranged from the lowliest bomb-squig through boys, beast snaggas, squigs, dreads, and all the way up to and including a stompa. We had nearly every battlefield role represented (just missing a Flyer).

Da Loot

In recognition of their ability to make a pledge and complete it within the constraints of this event, I'm proud to recognize the following Frater:

Da Boyz - for completing any pledge
gallery_48988_17142_19152.png
Grotsmasha
Triszin
Ace Debonair
Brother Dallo
tinpact
Dumah
Magistrix Remiosa
Akylas

Da Nobz - for completing any pledge, of 300 points or more (across all pledges)
gallery_48988_17142_13912.png
andes
Closet Skeleton
YoungWolf7
Azekai

Da Boss - for completing the most points across all participants
gallery_48988_17142_22306.png
Crom's Will

Da Rokker - for completing the absolute most points across all participants and having some awesome Goff Rokkers
gallery_48988_17142_11402.png
The_Chaplain

In Konclushun

Thank you all so much for your passionate participation in this event! Since being promoted to the MODERATI, I've been wanting to run an event. It's been a rough couple of years for me, hobby-wise, as I'm sure it hasn't been great on others. To see such excitement and buy-in was a true delight, and it was a pleasant learning experience. I've already got ideas to expand for next year.

Edited by toaae

A big thanks to Toaae for running the event and also for simply being our moderator (a thankless and time consuming job)

A big well done to those who completed their oaths and to those of us who didn’t… finish your vows and still post em when you can !!.

Ya See …we didn’t lose nuthin coz we can still do it … (A true orky outlook on the competition)

Mithril

@toaee you missed my completed vow mate

The truth is, I'm bad at instagram, and didn't realize there were more pictures after the Goff Rockas. In hindsight, I feel silly that I didn't work that out, going as far to check other posts and even went to your twitch to look and see if a recent broadcast had shown off the whole lot. Turns out, I just needed to mouse over the picture and notice there was an arrow on the side to see the next one.

In light of my bone-headed mistake, I'll work to get you a special recognition before the end of the weekend.

Cheers everyone! This event was great for my motivation to get back into the hobby side of things. To be honest, I never before put very much effort into painting but now I've got a taste for doing it, and doing it right. I've already learned a lot through trial and error and I'm excited to keep on learning and improving. WAAAGH!!

Ok, I've added you on. Because this was my mistake, I didn't want to downgrade Crom's Will. Special thanks to Grotsmasha for making another badge to award, you've earned "Da Rokker" badge!

My sincerest apologies for leaving you off the first time.

Edited by toaae

Ok, I've added you on. Because this was my mistake, I didn't want to downgrade Crom's Will. Special thanks to Grotsmasha for making another badge to award, you've earned "Da Rokker" badge!

My sincerest apologies for leaving you off the first time.

No worries- social media baffles me regularly,i understand your frustrations haha!

I'm ok with not being Da Boss. Honestly, The_Chaplin outdid me fair and square.

Eh, im good either way-- happy to be da goff rokker out of the lot haha

I gotta say, dis 'ere Orktoberfest 'as been sum right gud fun.

I's proud ter 'ave been a part of it! :happy.:

But it's time ta get back to Boss L'Gorg an' let 'im know wot 'appened 'ere.

'Oo knows, Waaaagh L'Gorg might be back dis way nex' time! :biggrin.:

(Talking in Ork is hard work, but I feel like it's been the right thing to do :laugh.:!

I've promised myself no more new models until I finish at least one non-ork faction in my pile of grey plastic, but seeing the amazing stuff on show here has made it really hard to keep that promise. :tongue.:  Many thanks for running this event Toaae, it's been a lot of fun!)

EDIT:

Anuvver typo.

I's gots ter werk on me spellin' sum more.

Edited by Ace Debonair

Big shout out again to Toaae. Great event and been fab seeing so many bosses and meks at work.

I need to and will, finish my vow but Wade's Blood axe article on WarCom got my creative juices going. Beastboss on carnifex (squigosaur), nob on looted smasha sentinels (squigs), kommandos kit bashed with snaggas for death skull boys loaded with looted gubbins alongside the looted land speeder, rhino and kastellan bots and ogryns. I've got a plan! Lol. All I need is a huge chunk of time and less migraines...