Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A future Liber project: Are you in?

Liber Astartes Homebrewn Fan project

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,394 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

Hello there,

I hope everyone is doing fine these days!

Most of you are probably aware that the BnC community has its own subforum to post and share your own custom chapters, their awesome histories and more! 

Pardon me? You never heard of it? My dear, than you should scroll down on your phone or whatever you're using and check it out.

Alright, alright, here's a link you slacker: https://www.bolteran...278-the-liber/msn-wink.gif

It has a rich history full of incredible homebrewn chapters, warbands, Xenos factions and more along with some great annual activities like the LIBER Swap Challenge or the infamous Iron Gauntlet! One of the biggest results was certainly the Liber Cluster, a seperate realm within the Imperium, filled with chapters and warbands, all created by a group of board members. 

Here's an example filled with great artwork done by Blazbaros covering those chapters: https://www.artofit....-on-deviantart/

So why do I tell you this, you might ask?

Because we (mods as well as some community members) are currently unto something. Means, this week (until Tuesday, 5th of October) we began to screen the current interest of you, the community. In the next coming weeks, additional polls and threads will come to gain a good enough insight into your interests in order to start something new.

- Working on a warzone-ish campaign book perhaps?

- Creating/ fleshing out an already existing sub-sector?

- Maybe going the Kill Team way and do something small scaled on a single world?

Whatever it is, you would like to work on and get something done as a group, share your thoughts with us! We're eager to hear them!

Here's a link to the (still ongoing) first poll, which covers the setting in which you would like to get creative in: https://www.bolteran...etting/?p=5747158 

See you in the Liber! ;D

Cheers,
Kel

Edited by Kelborn, 02 October 2021 - 05:01 PM.

• Magos Takatus, Marshal Rohr, Cpt_Reaper and 7 others like this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,394 posts

With the result of the first poll quite cemented, I've started the second one and we're eager to hear your thoughts on this, too.

This time, it's about the format you would like to work with!

Badab War ish campaign?

Single planet Kill Team narrative campaign?

A fluff centred sourcebook?

Small scaled stuff like White Dwarfs Flashpoints or Kill Team?

Here's the link: https://www.bolteran...nd-poll-format/

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,394 posts

Friendly reminder for those joining us on the weekend. :)

There's still time left to vote and decide upon the upcoming community project. 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,478 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Voted for the Warzone book; to clarify, I think it should include content for both 40k and KT; I think ALL campaign books should.

• Doctor Perils and Kelborn like this

apologist

apologist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,442 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines: The Praetors of Calth
One joy of it being an unofficial project is the freedom to tie in (say) Adeptus Titanicus, Aeronautica Imperialis, Epic: Armageddon… even Battlefleet: Gothic.
  • Doctor Perils, Kelborn and ThePenitentOne like this

+Death of a Rubricist+

My blog

The Alien Wars – Blood Angels in the Nova Terra Interregnum | May You Live Forever – A narrative Iron Hands blog

Officio Monstrosa – Iron Warriors during the siege of Terra | The Praetors of Calth – Ultramarines from Crusade to Scouring

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Voted for the Warzone book; to clarify, I think it should include content for both 40k and KT; I think ALL campaign books should.

I'll go one further: Aeronautica Imperialis should too. The old school Imperial Armour books had space combatbmissions for BFG
  • Doctor Perils, Kelborn and ThePenitentOne like this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,394 posts

Third poll is up, focusing on factions: https://www.bolteran...factions/  

If you're not only interested to see something done by others but further want to participate, please let us know in the respective threads. :)

Cheers,

Kel

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Liber Astartes, Homebrewn, Fan project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users