Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Creepiest Space Marine Chapter?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Minigiant

Minigiant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts
  • Faction: Prædicators
What do you think are the creepiest Space Marine Chapters?

I want to make a Deathwatch squad of "the weirdos" and for that reason Legion of the Damned has to be excluded

Lysimachus

Lysimachus

++ LUMINARCHUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,560 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Iron Gods, Marines Adamant
Mortifactors, Blood Angels Successors like Flesh Tearers or Blood Drinkers. Maybe Doom Legion? Edit: Doom Eagles was what I was thinking of, well done Kelborn!

Any 21st Founding Chapters would all be pretty weird/unusual too...?
  • Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,441 posts
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?
Exorcists, Black Dragons, as already mentioned, one of the darker BA successors, Mortifactors (by emphasising on the cannibalistic/ Predator movie theme), not creepy but Sons of Medusa perhaps for some weird tech stuff, Charcharodons, Doom Eagles, Silver Skulls and certainly some others I can't come up with now. ;)
  • Bjorn Firewalker likes this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,698 posts

I'd add Flesh Eaters, Carcharadons (just for being cold, oddball and vicious), and Angels Sanguine (what's under the helmet?) to the list as well.

My non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available: The Ares Gambit.  |  My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles: Children of The Glyph.  |  My non-grimdark Kids' book is also out now: The Knitted Knomes.  |  Life on Mars meets Action Man Novellas: Wings of Azhov, Tides of Azhov and Warlord of Azhov.

COMING 2022/23: Alternative Historical Fantasy: War Mages - SharpshooterCOMING 2023/24: Noughties-based Urban Thriller: Only Bloody Money

Endless War on a Doomed World, B&C Collaborative Story Project: 'Ere Gehenna Comes.

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts

I don't know if they would send a brother to the Deathwatch but Ashen Claws have some problems

Angels ErythreanAngels PenitentAngels Sanguine with their tendency to never remove their helmet, Charnel GuardDeath Wardens have some problems if I remember right

Minotaurs have problems

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts

From an in-'verse perspective are all chapters from the Cursed founding and the Dark founding creepy, if not in themself so by everything that is suggested by comming from those foundings

LameBeard

LameBeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 936 posts
Maybe depends on your timeline, but I think any chapters that fought on the wrong side but were “rehabilitated” after the Badab War would be treated as weirdos or worse by fellow space marines, at least for a century or two. Is that Lamenters, Mantis Warriors, Executioners?
  • N1SB likes this

Mazer Rackham

Mazer Rackham

++ SCLOPETATOR SIMULAMINIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,698 posts

Maybe depends on your timeline, but I think any chapters that fought on the wrong side but were “rehabilitated” after the Badab War would be treated as weirdos or worse by fellow space marines, at least for a century or two. Is that Lamenters, Mantis Warriors, Executioners?

Correct. :)

• LameBeard likes this

My non-40K book about railguns and powered armour is available: The Ares Gambit.  |  My grimdark non-40k book about maniacs with jetpacks and assault rifles: Children of The Glyph.  |  My non-grimdark Kids' book is also out now: The Knitted Knomes.  |  Life on Mars meets Action Man Novellas: Wings of Azhov, Tides of Azhov and Warlord of Azhov.

COMING 2022/23: Alternative Historical Fantasy: War Mages - SharpshooterCOMING 2023/24: Noughties-based Urban Thriller: Only Bloody Money

Endless War on a Doomed World, B&C Collaborative Story Project: 'Ere Gehenna Comes.

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts

I want to make a Deathwatch squad of "the weirdos" and for that reason Legion of the Damned has to be excluded

A Deathwatch brother that is one of few/the only still loyal marine from a Chapter that has gone renagade or turned to Chaos/similar, would be a "weirdo"

LameBeard

LameBeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 936 posts
+1 on Mortifactors (aren’t they the guys who pushed the skull decoration up to 11?) and Exorcists. Maybe Relictors too - aren’t they the chapter that’s basically gone rogue and gonna fall to chaos but they just don’t know it yet? At the very least everyone else would be suspicious they had an “agenda”.

Minigiant

Minigiant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 917 posts
  • Faction: Prædicators
At the moment this is what I have gone with

Praedicators (My chapter)
Night Swords - Ghostly whispering
Exorcist - Possessed by a Daemon
Scythes of the Emperor - Genestealer Kissed
Lamenters - Unlucky
Charnel Guard - Zombies

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts

Mortifactors (aren’t they the guys who pushed the skull decoration up to 11?) 

No you are thinking of the Black Templars:

GRRjoyOWbiMAhFj8.jpg

:P 

• LameBeard likes this

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 640 posts

Night Swords - Ghostly whispering

But do they have anything creepy about them beside that? By that standard could you say that Raven Guard (pale skin, black eyes, not team players) are creepy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users