Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Future Liber projects - Second poll: Format

Liber Astartes Homebrewn Project

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Future Liber project - Format (32 member(s) have cast votes)

What format would you like to work on? (explanations below)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts
I think that's the best idea. As others said, a full warzone book will take a lot of work from dedicated people; best to go slow with a series of flashpoints
  • Doctor Perils and Bruce Malcom like this
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Doctor Perils

Doctor Perils

++ CUNICULARIUS APOLOGUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,235 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Heretic Astartes (various)

I think that's the best idea. As others said, a full warzone book will take a lot of work from dedicated people; best to go slow with a series of flashpoints

But still keeping the Warzone book in mind as an eventual goal
  • Bruce Malcom likes this
sml_gallery_29004_12090_3983.pnggallery_77459_13226_2824.png The War Wolves - Previously known as Lord Thørn

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,303 posts
If the flashpoint allows for smaller skirmishes, like combat patrols and kill teams yeah sure.

Gamiel

Gamiel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 479 posts

Maybe we should have a smaller list with what can and can't be in a Flashpoint article, so people know what they should and should not do

Gederas

Gederas

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,184 posts

I'm not terribly good at these sort of things, but I definitely agree, a Warzone book or Flashpoint would be best :yes:

Kelborn

Kelborn

++ LECTOR HOSPITIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 5,394 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: Do bookmarks count?

I'm beginning to see a consens towards small scaled stuff, then combined into a "warzone"-ish PDF idea, which I'm digging.

Thus, I've started with the next poll, which focuses on factions: https://www.bolteran...poll-factions/ 

Doesn't mean that this one is closed. If you still got something to say, please go ahead! biggrin.png

Edited by Kelborn, 12 October 2021 - 09:54 AM.

• Zebulon, Doctor Perils and Bruce Malcom like this

Lost Legion, the Predators                                                     Liber Astartes Swap Challenge 2019   

tn_gallery_87379_12273_68539.jpg gallery_26154_15777_13780.png 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This is my mod voice. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My mod voice is a means to an end.

Let us avoid it, alright?

ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,478 posts
  • Faction: Sisters of Battle

Okay, so factions aside, some thoughts on the formatting.

Current pattern for Warzone books is:

- Fluff and background with sector/ sub-sector map(s)

- Every faction in the campaign gets EITHER an Army of Renown OR a sub-faction Supplement.

- An implied but loose system for a campaign set in the Warzone

- 3 Critical Missions (I forget the actual term they use for these)

- Crusade content- both Campaign specific and faction specific

So, I think we'd have to figure out which of those things we like or don't like, and whether or not we need to add anything else.

I haven't seen Rising Tide yet, but it has a different format from the reviews I've read. The best of those that I've seen so far is the Sprues and Brews review; Goons have previous posted reviews specifically for the Crusade content in each of the Charadon books, but they haven't done it (yet?) for Rising Tide, nor have they committed to doing it. Time will tell.

I posted this in the Rising Tide thread in News and Rumours, but some pieces are pertinent to the discussion here- specifically potential connections between 40k and KT, which is something that I'm really interested in exploring if the group is down for it. Here is the post for your convenience:

Spoiler

• Doctor Perils, Kelborn and TechCaptain like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Liber Astartes, Homebrewn, Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users