Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guerrila Tactics SM Stratagem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

AdRoc

AdRoc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 65 posts
So I’m just considering the use of the Guerrila Tactics strat in the SM Codex. It allows you to place a Phobos unit back into Strategic Reserves - my question is how does that interact with normal strategic reserve rules? Specifically, if a unit is not brought in from strategic reserves by turn 3 they are destroyed. So therefore is that strat only usable in turns 1 and 2? My thoughts are using Eliminators to jump around the board to help with ROD/Engage etc, but would I be able to do it multiple times through the game, or essentially just once?

XeonDragon

XeonDragon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 283 posts

It used to work like teleport, GT at beginning of movement phase, put down at the end. That got FAQed. I suspect that you are correct in that it is only usable in matched play games in turns 1 and 2. Which really sucks TBH. So given the general rule that a specific stratagem can only be used once per phase then it also appears that you could only use it once in turn 1, then again in turn 2. 

Realistically, if you want to pursue ROD/Engage you can spend 2CP (1 each in turns 1 and 2) to use GT. You could also throw in some units in ordinary strategic reserve, and for some factions/chapters, use other stratagems (looking at you Raven Guard strike from the shadows). Other options include teleport/jump pack/underground units with native deep-strike. 

Slasher956

Slasher956

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,780 posts
  • Faction: OoOML, Ulthwé

The Sisters 'dex has Angelic Assecent which does the same thing (jump pack infantry back in to reserves) BUT has the line, if not on the table at the end of the game they count as being destroyed.

So I'd use that as Intent, that is allow GT to put in to reserves & just needs to be used by end of game.

Dyspraxic & Dyslexic  - So I might not write/explain what I think I have as clearly as intended to.... 

I'm confused... what side of the fence am I on???

happy.png

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 16,650 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
Agreed it’s a strat which tend to break the game by allowing you to do things not normally allowed.
  • XeonDragon likes this

=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=

my 40k FB Page Terminus Esthttps://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est

Blood and Honor!
ALL TEH CHAOS FANBOIZ BE LIEK SO PANDA SADFACE :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users