500 pts. Harbringers

Tipper

I do have 10 cultist models, for another troop choice, would that be worth it?

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Chaos - Death Guard) [27 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Plague Company: The Harbingers

+ HQ +

Typhus [9 PL, 165pts]: Warlord

. Shamblerot

. . Miasma of Pestilence, Plague Wind

+ Troops +

Plague Marines [6 PL, 115pts]
. Plague Champion: Plague knife, Plasma gun
. 4x Plague Marine w/ boltgun: 4x Blight grenades, 4x Boltgun, 4x Krak grenades, 4x Plague knife

Poxwalkers [5 PL, 100pts]
. 20x Poxwalker

+ Elites +

Helbrute [7 PL, 120pts]: Helbrute fist, Multi-melta

++ Total: [27 PL, 3CP, 500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely not a good list.

Typhus is an absolute beast, but he soaks up WAY to many points. All my opponents eventually figured out how slow he moves and just focused fired him down, while walking away.

The Pox Walkers are basically invincible, especially if Typhus is around. However since they can’t shoot, they end up just sitting on objective, all those points go to waste. Ok, not waste, but it’s not efficient. 2x10s would be WAY better.

The Hellbrute is also an absolute tank, but he has to get so close to really be effective. Unless I can pull off a 10’+ charge, it’s not worth it.

I’ve won a couple, but it has everything to do with how much fire Typhus and the brute soak up. If I’m rolling hot, I can hold primaries and win. If they get some lucky hits in, or have some real AP they can bring to bear, not so good chances. Gonna rework it. Biggest issue I’m having at this points level is the need for troops, while hitting the huge number of points that PMs soak up. Probably gonna get a Malignant Plaguecaster to sub for Typhus, until we move to 1000pts.

Fun/frustrating how heavily our Tough but slow style has been highlighted. Have you ever seen a Drukhari movement phase, that was wild.