Dreadnought and "moving"

MichaelCarmine

Hello there!

I've got a question regarding the movement of a dreadnought.

In general, the dreadnougth is a Vehicle(Walker), but follows the movement-rules for infantry.

In case of a Contemptor Mortis Dread with a 45 degree firing arc - if he wants to "activate" skyfire/interceptor, he cannot move.

For a vehicle, pivoting on the spot isn't moving, but he dos not move like a vehícle. He also is missing special rules for pivoting.

Since infantry doesn't have a rule for pivoting ('cause they have no firing arc and i could'nt find anything in the rulebook), does that mean, that a Dreadnoght pivoting on the Spot counts as moving? - i would say yes, but i do not know... 

Greetings,

Michael

Yes.

You would basically have to pre-aim your dreadnought in the direction you most likely expect the flyers to enter the board from is what this entails.

There's an argument to be made on page 23 for Pivoting on the Spot

If you choose not to move a model in a unit, you can instead choose to turn it on the spot to face in any direction, provided that the pivot does not bring the model within 1" of an enemy model. A model that only pivots on the spot counts as being stationary for all purposes, including subsequent shooting attacks. 

Note the Helical Array states you have to remain stationary, not not move, so this would enable it.

The argument against this is that you can't choose not to move if you've been forced not to. But there's a potential counter that Immobilized specifically says no pivoting on the spot in addition to no moving.

Either way you're stuck in arc for intercept. 

There's an argument to be made on page 23 for Pivoting on the Spot

If you choose not to move a model in a unit, you can instead choose to turn it on the spot to face in any direction, provided that the pivot does not bring the model within 1" of an enemy model. A model that only pivots on the spot counts as being stationary for all purposes, including subsequent shooting attacks. 

Note the Helical Array states you have to remain stationary, not not move, so this would enable it.

The argument against this is that you can't choose not to move if you've been forced not to. But there's a potential counter that Immobilized specifically says no pivoting on the spot in addition to no moving.

Either way you're stuck in arc for intercept. 

You're right, thanks! Seems, i've overlooked that part! ^^'

Yeah i should have added, that i was only asking for the Skyfire-part, when the flyer is already on the table, but outside my Arc, sorry! =]