Played my first game with the new supplement today against Orks.
- Vow: Uphold the Honor of the Emperor
- Primaris Chaplain on Bike (Mantra of Strength, Exhortation of Rage, Benediction of Fury, Master of Sanctity, Wise Orator, Paragon of Fury)
- Emperor's Champion (Master of Arms)
- Primaris Crusader Squad (10, Power Axe, 2 Power Fists, Chainswords & Pistols)
- Redemptor Dread (Macro Plasma Incinerator, OGC, Icarus)
- Venerable Dread (Multi-melta)
- Suppressor Squad
- Eradicator Squad (3)
- Primaris Crusader Squads are a liability. Today was the first time after dozens of games in this edition, where I had to use Insane Bravery.
- I will probably never play more than one squad. No additional Initiates, only Neophytes and only if I get them a 5+ FnP from a Priest. 2CP down the drain.
- Power Fists really need a re-roll aura of any kind to be useful, which means you basically need 2 Litanies to babysit a single squad.
- 5++ on all units was good. It came into play a lot. The mini transhuman not so much, but it is a nice bonus.
- VenDread soaked alot of damage AND didn't degrade. MM in melee will wreck anybodys face. Absolute winner.
- The EC was surprisingly tanky with Transhuman. He fought a duel against a generic Warboss on dino with that WT to attack again for each attack that didn't cause damage. Survived the first round with 1 wound. But 2 fight phases are enough to wreck enemy chars.
The Chaplain wasn't doing much most of the time, but just for laughs he DID charge those grots with full buffs going on. First he run over one Grot (5+ mortals) and then smacked them around with S8 4D attacks.
I will probably replace the Crusader squad with (Assault) Intercessors.