Black Templars FAQ thread (1st post updated 10/20/21)

BitsHammer

I was referring to the core rule FAQ on implied repeal.

I literally don't see any contradiction between page 44 of the supplement and the reference page. The reference page explains the practical impacts of the other in more detail. It's not even unclear. The reference explains, in bullet point format that "the benefits of cover" means the effects of Light and Heavy cover, Dense isn't even mentioned, so it's unaffected.

The contradiction, if any exists, is between the core rules and the reference page, where in another context the 'benefits of cover' was said to also apply to Dense. In which case, this rule, being newer, is preferable, and in addition, the specific usually trumps the general.

I just don't see GW explaining it, because their FAQs this edition have not really been FAQs, they only do erratas these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this to ask whether or not people have started sending in these questions? As far as I've seen, there hasn't been an FAQ released yet and it'd be a shame to see all the work here done for naught. Therefore, if you haven't sent an e-mail to the 40k FAQ team, I can only invite you to check out the first post of this thread and consider doing so with the list of questions compiled there by Fulkes. :tu:

Edit: pinned this thread for better visibility.

Edited by Dosjetka

Well I got an answer back from the Kill Team dudes, about Primaris Crusader Squad KT

"Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. We appreciate your input!

We wanted to let you know we have read your email. It will factor into our thinking as we strive to make Kill Team the best game it can be.

Thanks again.

--

The Kill Team"

Nothing that I'm surprised by in the FAQ. It looks like some of the arguments made here were cleared up, and I for one am glad that they specified we can't use IF rules as well. That would be a LOT to keep track of in game. It looks like we're still inn a really good position to be tougher now than in past editions, and we can already see that it's competitive in a lot of battle reports. This almost feels like the BT I started playing. 

Most of it is not unexpected, the lack of a fix for Grimaldus and assassinate is annoying.

I did predict that though, considering the blatant lack of a fix for Celestine.

Isn't it slightly worse for Celestine as well, seeing as they come back often?

No, because Assassination is scored at the end of the battle and is scored on a per model basis, so it doesn't matter whether you kill the same character multiple times - only if they are dead at the end of the game.

Edited by Marshal Loss

I noticed this FAQ now says that we cannot use Devout Push to embark in a transport. I saw a few lists and gamers talking about using it for this specific reason. How will this change your usage of the Strat?

Sword.

Devout Push is still ridiculously powerful even with it no longer being able to embark your units.

I noticed this FAQ now says that we cannot use Devout Push to embark in a transport. I saw a few lists and gamers talking about using it for this specific reason. How will this change your usage of the Strat?

Sword.

Devout Push is still ridiculously powerful even with it no longer being able to embark your units.

I get that. I'm going to find it extremely useful when I can get back into gaming. I had just noticed some lists and strategies that were planning to use it in a way that cannot now be used to drop a unit out of an Impulsor or Rhino, fire, then Devout Push back inside to insulate the unit. I refer back to my original post to question how people that were going to use the strat in that particular way are changing up their game plan now that the FAQ specifically says that cannot be done. I'm genuinely interested to see how these players are planning to adapt it.

Probably just...not going to adapt it all. The entire premise of taking say hellblasters in an impuslor in templars was to do the fire and fade trick. There's really not much merit to have it in templars compared to other chapters without the ability to push back in.

It's like in 8.5 when people took stuff on characters to take advantage of the exploding 6s proccing other on 6 effects. They dropped those builds when the interaction stopped, because it drove the entire thing.