Whiteshield (Conscript) Spam

Hiroitchi

Thinking about running this list when the new book comes out… yeah it’s a crazy list but it’s gonna need a lot of movement trays. This list doesn’t include the 3CP required to turn the conscripts into Whiteshields.

++ Brigade Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [101 PL, 2,000pts, 9CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Gametype: Matched

Regimental Doctrine: Regiment: Cadian

+ Stratagems +

Imperial Commander's Armoury [-3CP]: 2 additional Heirloom of Conquest

+ No Force Org Slot +

+ Agents of the Imperium +

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor in Terminator Armour [6 PL, 115pts, -2CP]: 2) Psychic Fortitude, 4) Mental Interrogation, Alpha-Class Psyker, Blackshroud, Force sword, Malleus - Psychic Mastery, Malleus - Warding Incantation, Psycannon, Stratagem: Arbiter of the Emperor's Will

+ HQ +

Aradia Madellan [3 PL, 45pts]

Lord Castellan Creed [3 PL, 60pts, 2CP]: Warlord, WT (Cadia): Superior Tactical Training

Lord Commissar [3 PL, 40pts]: Bolt pistol, Power sword, Relic: Bastonne’s Sword

Primaris Psyker [3 PL, 50pts]: Mental Fortitude, Psychic Barrier, Relic: The Deathmask of Ollanius

+ Troops +

8x Conscripts [7 PL, 150pts]

. 30x Conscript: 30x Lasgun

+ Elites +

Colour Sergeant Kell [3 PL, 45pts]

Master of Ordnance [2 PL, 35pts]: Relic (Cadia): Relic of Lost Cadia

Ministorum Priest [2 PL, 40pts]: Autogun

Ministorum Priest [2 PL, 40pts]: Autogun

+ Fast Attack +

Armoured Sentinels [3 PL, 45pts]

. Armoured Sentinel: Autocannon

+ Heavy Support +

3x Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 65pts]

. Heavy Weapon Team: Lascannon

++ Total: [101 PL, 9CP, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Edited by Hiroitchi

• 4 weeks later...

I've tried running 3 Cadian Lascannon teams a while ago for damage output and unfortunately they just don't cut it. Between heavy terrain boards, dense cover and their very swingy performance they're just not reliable enough to get the job done as your main AT.

The amount of bodies should do well in some match ups, I wrote up a similar list as a thought experiment with 12 squads of 21/22 dudes each. I'm just not convinced it'll body block enough and it made me worried about fitting everything in my deployment zone.

Also, I don't think the LC can take Bastonn's sword, as it's Cadian relic and he doesn't have the regiment keyword.

Might be worth chucking out the priests and the MoO and going with some Platoon Commanders instead, just to have some more spread on your orders. Even with an extra attack, your Whiteshields aren't going to be doing significant damage, either in shooting or CC. Between the bad hit rolls and the utter weakness of S3 AP0 1D their only job will be to move on objectives and sit on them as long as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

30 conscripts within 12” of a target, FRFSRF.

120 shots

40 hits if BS5+, 47 if rerolling ones. 6-7 wounds on a t6+ target with no AP

60 hits if BS4+ from overlapping fire, 70 if rerolling ones. 10-12 wounds on a t6 target with no AP.

So you could chip paint slowly off hard targets, maybe even kill light or heavy infantry with weight of dice. But if this is anything more than a wild meme I would recommend trading armored sentinels for scout sentinels for more board control, both variants die when targeted anyway. And no need for priests, it’s usually a waste of time to roll for conscripts in melee, won’t really matter rolling 30 or 60 dice.

And maybe take dagger of tusankh instead of either relic of lost cadia or deathmask, that way you can outflank one conscript for a CP and have an officer and another conscript unit able to come on from any edge with the dagger. I think 6 units of conscripts is plenty to start in your own deployment zone.