++Thousand Sons Unit of the Week++
++Scarab Occult Terminators++
New codex, new discussions about units! As we already have in other faction sections, this is the Thousand Sons Unit of the Week series, where each week we select and dissect a datasheet found in the book, and discuss how we use the unit in-game, favoured loadouts and combos, essentially how to use these units best. What have you found that works, and what doesnt? Please try to stick to the idea of making the unit in question work, as opposed to pointing out other units that might do a better job - we'll get to those in time!
This week, we will be discussing the former premier bodyguards of the Thousand Sons Legion, the Scarab Occult Terminators. These Terminator Plate Clad warriors were the paragons of their legion, now reduced to automata, however no less deadly.
What are you thoughts, and how best would you use the unit?
- To compliment a list, or to build a list around?
- Will you be running multiples?
- What <GREAT CULT>, loadouts, spell relic and Stratagem support do you prefer and how much does it depend on the above choices?
- Are you buffing this unit, and if so, how?
- Are you building as a damage dealer or buff-provider?
- Uses in Matched, Narrative and Open Play
- How have they fared for you in-game?
Over to you.
Was a bit late on opening the UotW topic this week, so we'll leave this one open for an extra week, as there's plenty to talk about. I think the main discussion will be on whether you take 1x10, or 2x5, or maybe even 2x10 man units?!
I think we can all agree that SOT are a great unit, but how is it best to take them? Time to get models back, or Duplicity to 'port them around?
Edited by Xenith, 13 October 2021 - 12:49 PM.