What happens if another primarch returns?

So I haven’t followed the HH books for a while, but as I understand it, there was a lot of tension between the loyalist primarchs, and it seems like the only one that was well liked by his brothers is dead.

So if dorn, or the lion were to return if I understand right they had their issues with big G, so what happens to the balance of power if they disagree with each other?

Can the emperor keep the peace between bickering brothers from the throne while having to do everything else he needs to?

Honestly I think bringing back other primarchs back will push things to the brink of civil war but not quite. I think there will be an uneasy peace between primarch led fiefdoms. Not sure where chapters like BA would fall in place, but BA specifically I think would side with guilliman simply for saving them on Baal.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

Well I don't know about the other primarchs, but personally if the Lion and Bobby G got together in the same room, (after the Lion wakes up) :censored: is going to go down. And I would know which side of the argument I'd be on :cool.:

Edited by Skywrath

Guilliman was appalled at the state of the Imperium when he awoke but eventually decided that he had to work with what he had available. If another Primarch returns, they would likely hold him at least partially responsible for the current mess. The old fluff had the Primarchs making peace with one another to some extent after the Heresy because they recognised that division between them was the greatest risk to the future of the Imperium.

My guess is that they will play up the tension initially for narrative reasons but eventually Roboute and any new returnee would settle down to an uneasy working relationship because they would have no other choice. Roboute in the DI novels frequently feels lonely as there is no one left who is his equal and no one else to share the burden.

I don't believe that GW has the balls to go on a shattered Imperium concept. With guys like the Lion allying himself with the High Lords, Guiliman starting his own reasoned Imperium and others being wildcards and such.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see even more chaos Primarchs before a second loyalist returns.

And of some, we don't even know if they'd still be the same as before. Corax became a warp thing, hunting Lorgar, for example.

Shortly after Magnus came out, one of the reliable rumour-mongers of the day claimed that he had seen design artwork for 5 Primarchs: Magnus, Mortarion, Angron, Guilliman and Russ. Assuming that Angron comes with the expected WE Codex, we might see the Wolf King before the end of 9th if we are lucky.