Octarius Inquisition Rules

Nobody expects the Inquisition after all :tongue.: It doesn't look like much and almost certainly won't be - but it's better than nothing. Here's hoping it adds some much needed options and improvements!

Perhaps I'm jaded...ok, I am jaded, but I look at this and I'm immediately crestfallen because it looks like we're actually LOSING rules. The inquisitor with terminator armor isn't a datasheet in this. Considering how cut and paste the last few Inquisition rules have been, I'd be amazed if we got anything new, so we'll be a net -1 datasheet for this.

Perhaps I'm jaded...ok, I am jaded, but I look at this and I'm immediately crestfallen because it looks like we're actually LOSING rules. The inquisitor with terminator armor isn't a datasheet in this. Considering how cut and paste the last few Inquisition rules have been, I'd be amazed if we got anything new, so we'll be a net -1 datasheet for this.

You definitely are jaded, you've seen a contents page and completed the information for yourself.

Until we see the actual book I'll reserve judgement but my guess is it will be a copy and paste from Pariah.

And the Terminator Inquisitor will be an option on the basic Inquisitor but for Malleus only rather than a separate entry.

You definitely are jaded, you've seen a contents page and completed the information for yourself.

Until we see the actual book I'll reserve judgement but my guess is it will be a copy and paste from Pariah.

And the Terminator Inquisitor will be an option on the basic Inquisitor but for Malleus only rather than a separate entry.

I hope I'm being jaded. I've reserved judgement on too many inquisition things thus far to not be.

However, a counter argument to your last point, what rules have been produced in 9th edition that allow a character to take terminator armor without it being on a separate datasheet? To the best of my knowledge, none. Plus, the terminator inquisitor has not currently made official model. I'd bet real money that it has been Legend'd.

I will be looking forward to this, but my hunch is that it is just a copy-paste of the White Dwarf Inquisition rules, which makes me sad. Lacking any sort of datasheet for an Interrogator and/or Throne Agent means that if they continue with the rule of one Inquisitor per Inquisition detachment we still won't get any really useful army, unless the Limitless Authority bit will allow an Inquisition army to use units from other Imperium armies...

Yep, just a reprint with some slightly updated wording for 9th. So anything other than an Inquisitor is still useless.

It would have been nice to take an Inquisition Vanguard for free, and without breaking army abilities. With the option to still take a single Inquisitor inside a detachment.

Considering GW have reprinted their rules three times now, they clearly have no intention of making Inquisition even remotely playable.

They must understand there's not really any plausible way of running them as a standalone army so why not make them the exception that can be run as an ally?

Even sisters of silence are now arguably in a better place than inquisition...

It's PA reprints updated for 9th. Move along, nothing revolutionary to see here.

Has this been officially confirmed? I need to know if my disappointment is practical or hypothetical.

Nothing official and the wording GW use in the description of the book on their website says "An Inquisition appendix collecting nine datasheets, as well as rules for Ordo Hereticus, Xenos, and Malleus forces." plus "Armies of Renown: rules and matched play content for fielding themed forces that provide a whole new way of mustering a Warhammer 40,000 army on the tabletop."

Now how much there will be new for the Inquisition remains to be seen but it doesn't say "updated rules from PA" it clearly alludes to a little bit more.

But we have to wait as we have been let down by GW many times before.

It's PA reprints updated for 9th. Move along, nothing revolutionary to see here.

Has this been officially confirmed? I need to know if my disappointment is practical or hypothetical.
I based the comment on what the lad said in the review-stream from Tabletop Assault. Edited by sairence

I based the comment on what the lad said in the review-stream from Tabletop Assault.

Yeah, a couple of reviews on YouTube say it's a copy and paste job from 8th with 9th ed rewording.

Very sad indeed