space wolf paints KT - Intersession KT Alpha Legion! 18 Apr

space wolf

The trans: Thank you! Honestly your thread was the inspiration for them! ☺️

Majkhel: thank youmuch if you like them, check out TheTrans' thread, super cool.

What an unbelievably fun project, having grown up during the 1980's, I really appreciate what you've done with the two Kill Teams from the Octarius set :) Fantastic converting and painting to pull it off :tu: The Thunder Warriors/Custodes are looking just as impressive :yes: Top-notch work all round!

So here is the first one: Trajanus Belisarius, Leader of the Betrayed."

IMG-20220411-070317.jpg

"I cloak myself in the mantle of my foes! Make no mistake, I have known battle since aeons past. I have seen radiation storms sweeping the peaks of Layan Mountains...warriors detonating themselves in a desperate bid for victory...Entire people's, slaughtered by the thousands, in the name of peace. I do not blame him for what was done to us. We volunteered to be his warriors: his tools of destruction, for we believed in his cause. And like tools, we were discarded when no longer needed. But we are tools no longer.

Millennia we have spent trying to live past the sacrifice we made. And we have finally found a permanent solution. And what do we find? The grand world we hoped to unify, the seat of a crumbling empire. It's Emperor reduced to a living husk. All under the watchful gaze of your kind. Mark this well and tremble, custodian. You have failed...his second sons have failed. We will not."

I was going for kind of a Frankenstein's Monster vibe. Large, imposing, implacable, but grotesque and dilapidated.

Mittimus: thank you! It was great fun.

Got the next one done.

Kiradis Montoya, Sgt-in-Arms of "The Betrayed."

IMG-20220415-152238-561.jpg

"We don't want your life, Custodian...we want your transponder code. We need off this husk of a world. We chose to fight for that man's dream. And whether he wanted us or not, we have not finished our goal. For he entrusted his dream to lesser sons.

We will have that code, and once we are off planet, you may continue your mundane existence guarding that husk. For only real humans should be fighting for our race, not some gene cloned monstrosity. Ironic, isn't it, the very thing I disparage, has managed to keep us alive long enough to become that which we despise. Then again, our fate always seemed to be a tragic one."

Nomad: lol that's hilarious.

Finished up member #3

Chief Medic of "The Betrayed" Parmenio Sabayon

IMG-20220417-113440-391.jpg

"Your god, was not always so. He was once man, and a brilliant one at that. He gave us strength, conviction...a purpose. His greatest mistake was not trusting the sons he already had. Did we have resentment towards what our fate would be? Yes. But he should have known that like everything else, we were forged to endure. We have found our way out of our dark fate, and into a dark universe. Perhaps we can finally bring humanity, some semblance of the light we fought for. Go back to your master Custodian, tell your god he may have been done with us, but like so many things entangled with his fate, it is not up to him.

Pearson: thank you so much! I've been trying to give them a really shabby "make due with whatever is available," kind of look. They've been in hiding deep in the hives of Terra for 10000 years.

Definitely nailing the ragtag look, whilst keeping them cohesive. The new models are fantastic and your painting is really doing them justice, the cloaks are particularly good!

Thanks Pearson! I have a new method. I use cut pieces of aluminum (or aluminium for our folks across the Atlantic) can as a base, then I use a 50/50 mix of greenstuff and miliput, and slather it on there. Using wet sculpting tools I can very easily smooth and shape it to look organic.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you! I think their turning out nicely! I found it a hard line to walk between shabby and clean. You don't want them to look too dilapidated, but they can't be pristine either.

Anyway, finished the last member

IMG-20220510-213101-165.jpg

He thought we were a lost cause. You thought we were gone, but we proved you all wrong. Just as we proved the warlords that stood against us millenia ago, we will not be beaten. We can be delayed, some of us may die, but we will find victory. As hard a man as he was, your Emperor thought we were too rough...too dangerous, for his new empire. But it wasn't just his. We sacrificed everything for it. So we will go on, and carve a place for ourselves within OUR empire...it is long overdue.

Zayne Rajuti: Master Warfare Engineer of "The Betrayed."

Love the Betrayed, space wolf - you pulled off that line so well.  Their flesh is fascinating in it’s horrid pallor and the detailing of their armor, with the bits that you put together or sculpted give a wonderful view of the Thunder Warriors.  It’s all the small things here and there, as well as things like the free handed cloak of banners, that definitely showcase your range (to paraphrase Dos) - awesome stuff!

You guys are too kind! Thank you! I think they turned out really well, now I have to think of a Canon way of giving them sisters of silence....maybe some sort of underhive gang/minions?

• 3 months later...

Sorry for the long absence, I've been working on some stuff, and moving to another state at the same time. Anyway, here is most of the Octarius Ork terrain done to match my Bushwakkaz.

gxV6ut.md.webp

gxVg8N.md.webp

gxGy0l.md.webp

gxV49I.md.webp

gxVPwX.md.webp

gxM9g2.md.webp

gxVitn.md.webp

gxMCqx.md.jpg

gxMqsj.md.jpg

gxMzdB.md.webp

gxM5Xa.md.webp

gxMaqv.md.webp