The Emperor's Tech Marine

Lord Blackwood

Brother Techmarine , Master of the Forge , Emperors Champion. 

These are the tales of the Marked Wulf Crusaders , or rather What happened to the Survivors of the Marked Wulf Crusade 

So first things first , the army box + 15 assault intercessors leads to A LOT of value out of those sprues
2 Pyre Blasters 2 Sword Brothers  , 2 Power Fist Initiates, 1 Marshall , 6 Auto Bolter Initiates , 5 pistol and Chainsword Initiates , 4 close combat neophytes. 
I have another army box on the way as well. 

Of course I my inital list doesn't make use of all of these guys I  will still be working to get everybody painted up. 

+++ The Emperor's  Techmarine (Warhammer 40,000 9th Edition) [106 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] +++

++ Vanguard Detachment -3CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Black Templars) [106 PL, 6CP, 2,000pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points) 

Chapter Selection: Black Templars

Detachment Command Cost [-3CP]

+ HQ +

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [6 PL, -1CP, 115pts]: 1. Litany of Divine Protection, Litany of Hate, Master of Arms, Stratagem: Heir of Sigismund, Tannhauser's Bones, The Imperium's Sword, Warlord

Primaris Techmarine [5 PL, -1CP, 100pts]: Chapter Command:  Master of the Forge, Stratagem: Hero of the Chapter, Warden of the Ancients

+ Elites +

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [11 PL, -1CP, 190pts]: Holy Orb
4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Champion of the Feast, Heavy Bolt Pistol

Bladeguard Veteran Squad [10 PL, 175pts]
4x Bladeguard Veteran: 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 4x Master-crafted power sword, 4x Storm Shield
Bladeguard Veteran Sergeant: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 185pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Icarus Rocket Pod, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Redemptor Dreadnought [9 PL, 180pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Invader ATV Squad [4 PL, 85pts]
Invader ATV: Multi-melta

Invader ATV Squad [4 PL, 85pts]
Invader ATV: Multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

Gladiator Reaper [12 PL, 210pts]

Gladiator Valiant  [13 PL, 230pts]

+ Dedicated Transport +

Impulsor [7 PL, 130pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Multi-melta

Impulsor [7 PL, 130pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Multi-melta

I figured since a Master of the Forge and a Chaplain are gonna be the two main HQs id lean hard into the tech marine and make him also the Crusades Emperor's Champion , his vision involves 3 Redemptor Dreadnoughts .... i mean why wouldn't it. 

20211017_173504.jpg?width=953&height=429

20211017_173404.jpg?width=953&height=429

20211017_212418.jpg?width=953&height=429

Edited by Lord Blackwood

This is a good idea and well-executed. I don’t really see myself using the EC as himself so other ideas for the model are well worth considering. Personally I think I’ll leave mine alone though. I think I’ll have plenty of other bodies available to convert into stuff - like the marshal that comes with the army set and CP, for example. My EC will protect a shelf against all enemies. Edited by Mandragola

Thank you for all the encouragement brothers , and even those of you who dont agree with the concept thank you for the compliments on the conversion or the idea. 

20211018_180937.jpg?width=748&height=337

The marked Wulf Crusade has always had a lot of armor , likely why they have so many techmarines. 

This is all the primaris stuff ,  ( infact this army started out at a Horus Heresy Templar/Fists Armor company So theres a ton of HH armor as well ) 

I guess theres one more primaris bit of armor ..... it technically transports primaris marines maybe ill finish it as part of this project as well. 

20211018_175802.jpg?width=748&height=337

• 3 weeks later...

Knightfall is upon us ,  and as such I am working through my first vow. 

Here is Everything from Vow One 

20211104_202452.jpg

Here is just the completed stuff

20211104_202028.jpg

And heres a little close up of some of the Crusade Command Core 
20211104_202513.jpg

More to come probably next week when we finish out this vow and figure out what were going to do for vow 2 , likely working my way through some of that armor I have begging for a paint job. Though we might be reverting back to Black and Yellow for the armor so it matches the other tanks from the heydays of the Marked Wulf Crusade

• 2 weeks later...

Great work so far! :thumbsup:

I admit to being a bit confused as to how you've painted your Marines though: are they crusading Imperial Fists or some sort of successor Chapter to the Black Templars?

Thank you  very much ! 

So at the end of the Marked Wolf Crusade  ( my former project thread here ) both the 14th great company and the Remnants of the Marked Wulf crusade ( a black templars crusade that traded bone white for distressed yellow)  were reinforced by primaris marines and  effectively reinforced to the point of being ultima founding chapters in and of themselves.  The 14th went from being a lost company of the space wolves to the Dreadwolves ( my project in the space wolves forum)  and the marked wulf crusaders took their rebirth as a very spiritual experience , while still working as a black templars styled chapter , they took their unique coloring ( used to be black with yellow helms and shoulder inlays)  to the logical extreme , adopting a mix of livery from the progenitor chapter and the Black Templars , the Light of Sol has banished the mourning from them armor save for those who must still carry the black. 

All of the armor re: Tanks and Dreadnoughts ( save the one painted with this infantry wave )  will remain in the old marked wulf style of mostly black with yellow as the secondary 

The high marshal ,and his personal blade guard and sword brother vanguard will remain wearing black with yellow accents  (as will units painted for this army before this lore event)

They remain bros with the Dreadwolves even with both organizations up to chapter strength theres plenty of culling to do. 

Edited by Lord Blackwood

• 2 weeks later...

Tiny updates 

Got back from my away time , things went poorly sometimes the only solace in life are tiny plastic army men just dont get your tears in your airbrush apparently. 
What my current "on table activity " looks like 

20211201_195252.jpg

Got a High Marshall Spun up 
20211201_194425.jpg?width=225&height=499

Assembled Grimmaldus and his little dudes. 

20211201_194653.jpg

Put together a sort of  Catch all  for Champion / Body Guard / Judiciar , just really nifty dude
20211201_194533.jpg

20211201_194547.jpg

Clever use of the lightning claws to ensure a unit's worth. I just can't help but feel storm shields are a waste when we have innate 5++, but the models look great!

Can they easily be assembled without capes as I also dislike capes. :teehee:

Clever use of the lightning claws to ensure a unit's worth. I just can't help but feel storm shields are a waste when we have innate 5++, but the models look great!

Can they easily be assembled without capes as I also dislike capes. :teehee:

yeah it seems okay just not to include them 

20211208_225344.jpg

20211208_225359.jpg