- the ocean have Dead Sea level of salt, native flora and fauna need to be desalted to be edible
- as above but the world is so cold that it would be a iceworld if it was not for all the salt keeping it from freezing
- coral constructs grow in arcane patterns around black monoliths
- Lots of islandds but they are rocky with little arable land, making frute or vegetables other than cultivated kelp a luxury. Subsistence food for the islanders consists of clams, lobsters, small fry – anything that lives close to shore.
- the hives have poluted the sea, making it glitter like a ranbow from oils and toxines, little of the original native life exist, but aquatic animals that have adapted, mutated or been changed by bio-hereteks exist (think the animals/monsters from Necromunda, but all aquatic)
- the planets crust are riddle with air filled caverns and tunnels, many which you can only enter from the seabed.
- the seabeds are covered by ancient ruins, pointing toward that much of the water have been brought to the planet sometime after the the now ruined structures was built
- continent sized areas of shallow sea (0.5 - 3m deep) are covered by mussle farms
- kelp farms
- native sea anemones are farmed for their bio-cemicals that are used in [poison / beauty products / rejuvenat treatments / servitor brain lubrication / nobody knows but the Navigator houses are paying good money for it / etc.]
- normal-ish fishing but instead of canning it they dry it / turn it all into Garum / dry it all and turn it into powder (bones and all) / they throw the live fish as it is into a meat grinder and then can it without sorting out anything / etc.
Edited by Gamiel, 22 October 2021 - 01:42 PM.