Units that become viable with Uphold?

Amocat

Not a competitive player asking out if curiously: I’m wondering what SM units folks think that are more viable with UtHotE? Impulsor a have been discussed, aggressor? Or even the hammerfall as a back line defense unit while the crusaders go running across the board?

Everything with T4 and a 3+ Save and especially vehicles with 3+ or 4+ Save:

I would categorize into 5 Tiers: (how good the unit become because of Uphold)

A: phenomenal

B: very good

C: good

D: sometimes / maybe ok

E: never

special color:

without uphold it would be going -2 categories ore even more (from A to C for example)

already good unit - does benefit not that much.

A: Land Speeder Storm !!! 

B: Impulsors, Rhinos, Intercessors, Assault Intercessors, Land Speeder (normal one)

C: Crusader Squad, Sword Brethren,

D: all special Land Speeder, Scouts (not sure yet but it seems in combination with LSS it could be perfect for Oct. Data.

E: Land Raider Crusader, Repulsor, Repulsor Executioner 

I will finish that work if you want - always looking on the thread.

ATV were playable before, imho. They just got better :)

Centurions can be made really nasty, but in order to use them efficiently, you need some mitigation for their low mobility. LRC come to mind, but that is a lot of points.

I think aggressors are a big winner from a combination of uphold and the -1D relic. They’re a great candidate for having a sergeant with 4W as well.

Redemptors we’re already viable but become even better, especially if you have Grimaldus give them a 6+++ on top of everything.

Impulsors gain more than any other vehicle I think. 5++ and a multimelta, along with the Icarus array and storm bolters makes them into a capable fighting vehicle, and surprisingly fast at 14”. The only thing they’re really lacking is a good close range shooting unit to jump out of them.

This does mean that hellblasters are much improved too. They’ve got a perfect transport and a 5++ of their own. I could well imagine an army built around impulsors carrying hellblasters and bladeguard working pretty effectively.

I think aggressors are a big winner from a combination of uphold and the -1D relic. They’re a great candidate for having a sergeant with 4W as well.

Redemptors we’re already viable but become even better, especially if you have Grimaldus give them a 6+++ on top of everything.

Impulsors gain more than any other vehicle I think. 5++ and a multimelta, along with the Icarus array and storm bolters makes them into a capable fighting vehicle, and surprisingly fast at 14”. The only thing they’re really lacking is a good close range shooting unit to jump out of them.

This does mean that hellblasters are much improved too. They’ve got a perfect transport and a 5++ of their own. I could well imagine an army built around impulsors carrying hellblasters and bladeguard working pretty effectively.

Not to mention even outside of Impulsors, you can use the advance and shoot without penalty strat with Assault Hellblasters :)