Which models can be kitbashed from the Lord of Skulls kit?

DeRome90

Hello fellow Chaos Warpsmith's

I am currently playing with the idea of buying the Lord of Skulls kit, but I am not so content with the way he looks.

Due to another project, I have the legs of an Imperial Knight left, so I thought I would use them together with the upper body of the LoS (Lord of Skulls and not Line of Sight obviously :teehee: ) to create a Kytan Ravager. Did anyone else did this? I am quite content that I can make it work, but some ideas might be helpfull.

My main issue with this idea: what should I do with the lower parts of the LoS? Initally I thought of using them to create a Typhon Siege Tank and a Plagueburst Crawler, until I noticed that the tracks in the middle are the same as the once on the side (not that easy to see

on normal pics of the complete model). This means that I can either create two Plagueburst Crawlers, or one Typhon Siege Tank, but not both. Another alternative would be a Legion Mastodon if I also add a Land Raider, but I am not so sure if I am brave enough to try that :sweat:

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions what I should do with the lower parts?

BG DeRome

PS: here is a Spartan made from the mentioned parts, but I am not so sure if I need one for my forces: https://spikeybits.com/2015/07/spartan-tank-of-khorne-conversion-corner.html

Hello fellow Chaos Warpsmith's

I am currently playing with the idea of buying the Lord of Skulls kit, but I am not so content with the way he looks.

Due to another project, I have the legs of an Imperial Knight left, so I thought I would use them together with the upper body of the LoS (Lord of Skulls and not Line of Sight obviously :teehee: ) to create a Kytan Ravager. Did anyone else did this? I am quite content that I can make it work, but some ideas might be helpfull.

My main issue with this idea: what should I do with the lower parts of the LoS? Initally I thought of using them to create a Typhon Siege Tank and a Plagueburst Crawler, until I noticed that the tracks in the middle are the same as the once on the side (not that easy to see

on normal pics of the complete model). This means that I can either create two Plagueburst Crawlers, or one Typhon Siege Tank, but not both. Another alternative would be a Legion Mastodon if I also add a Land Raider, but I am not so sure if I am brave enough to try that :sweat:

Do you have any other ideas or suggestions what I should do with the lower parts?

BG DeRome

PS: here is a Spartan made from the mentioned parts, but I am not so sure if I need one for my forces: https://spikeybits.com/2015/07/spartan-tank-of-khorne-conversion-corner.html

What about using the blood tanks together with some Defiler parts to make Venomcrawlers? Make those tanks the warp energy storage instead of the round abdomen tank. Would look cool for Khorne versions.

That would be also a great idea! Initially I was planning on using the blood tanks for terrain, but I am sure I can free at least one tank from that plan.

I currently have 2 Venomcrawlers, but maybe I will use your idea when the World Eater Codex will drop.

Thanks for the input.

DG and TS do not get access to any of new 8th edition units released for chaos space marines. So no Master of Possession, Master of Executions, lord Discordant, greater possessed or venomcrawlers. The cult legion codexes lose access to far more units than they gain. For example DG get 14 (not counting named characters) units the main codex can't take but there are over 20 units from the main codex that they cannot take. Edited by Putrid Choir

Well, I have many projects. I have Ultramarines, Mortifactors, Iron Warriors, Word Bearers, Creations of Bile, Death Guard, some Fallen, Orks and Necrons. So I am sure that I can use whatever I build with the LoS parts.

The question is still what would be the best use

What would be to your liking?

• 3 weeks later...

DG and TS do not get access to any of new 8th edition units released for chaos space marines. So no Master of Possession, Master of Executions, lord Discordant, greater possessed or venomcrawlers. The cult legion codexes lose access to far more units than they gain. For example DG get 14 (not counting named characters) units the main codex can't take but there are over 20 units from the main codex that they cannot take.

Just curious, are any of the 20 units they lose named characters? Or all 20 generic

DG and TS do not get access to any of new 8th edition units released for chaos space marines. So no Master of Possession, Master of Executions, lord Discordant, greater possessed or venomcrawlers. The cult legion codexes lose access to far more units than they gain. For example DG get 14 (not counting named characters) units the main codex can't take but there are over 20 units from the main codex that they cannot take.

Just curious, are any of the 20 units they lose named characters? Or all 20 generic

Dark Apostle, Exalted Champion, Lord of Discordant on Helstalker, Master of Executions, Master of Possession, Sorcerer, Warpsmith, Chaos Space Marine, Chosen, Greater Possessed, Mutilator, Terminators, Bikers, Raptors, Warp Talons, Heldrake, Chaos Vindicator, Forgefiend, Maulerfiend, Havoc, Obliterator, and Venomcrawler.

Then there is Marked units that can't be Nurgle like Lord of Skulls, Rubric Marines, Noise marines and Berzerkers.

So not counting named units or the non Nurgle marked that is still 22 datasheets CSM have that DG does not.

Edited by Putrid Choir