Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Supplements

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Saiisil

Saiisil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
  • Faction: Templars Sanguine

I know it has been an exceptionally long time since I posted, to be fair it has been equally as long since I have played and I am looking to get back into the hobby, and I will apologize now if this discussion has already happened. A bit of a disclaimer for future editions reference, this is in regards to the 9th edition rules.

Codex Supplements, are they as simple as they seem by name i.e. they are expansions to the base codex like say when building a Blood Angels army you have full access to both the Space Marine Codex and the Blood Angels Codex Supplement, or is there some nuance that exists that I am completely missing?

"Favor and disgrace would seem equally to be feared;
honor and great calamity to be regarded as personal
conditions of the same kind." Tao Te Ching

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,409 posts
  • Faction: Imperium, Chaos, Xenos

The supplement and base codex work in conjunction - some units in the base codex are unavailable to the Blood Angels and other non-Codex adherent Chapters and this will be outlined in either the base ‘Dex or the supplement (don’t have mine at hand, but I think the restrictions are in the base Dex).

My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Saiisil

Saiisil

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
  • Faction: Templars Sanguine

The supplement and base codex work in conjunction - some units in the base codex are unavailable to the Blood Angels and other non-Codex adherent Chapters and this will be outlined in either the base ‘Dex or the supplement (don’t have mine at hand, but I think the restrictions are in the base Dex).

I believe I found the rules you are referencing, in the base Codex Space Marines on page 124 under the section titled The <Chapter> Keyword there is a subsection titled Non-Codex Compliant Chapters where it calls out Black Templars, Dark Angels, Deathwatch, and Space Wolves with options that are in the Codex as restrictions, and as an aside before those it says that Grey Knights and Legion of the Damned can not be selected when nominating Chapter of origin. Hadn't found anything like that in the Blood Angels Supplement.

"Favor and disgrace would seem equally to be feared;
honor and great calamity to be regarded as personal
conditions of the same kind." Tao Te Ching

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users