Good Bad Ideas

Banjulhu

I kind of want to run 5 Assault Centurions and a firstborn Apothecary in a Land Raider Crusader whilst Helbrecht and 5 Baldeguard ride alongside in an Impulsor under Uphold the Honour of the Emperor and have them all dive out into the centre of the board in the first turn

Will it work well?

Not a chance.

Will it be fun?

Yes.

I also want to put the Tannhauser's Bones on a Chappie Dread and then put it in a drop pod for a turn 1 arrival, maybe with a squad of shooty vets and a Techmarine in another drop pod arriving nearby.

Chaplain dread can't have relics annoyingly. Otherwise I'd be all over that!

The wording is that they can't take the relics listed in space marine codex.

"If your army is led by an ADEPTUS ASTARTES WARLORD, you can, when mustering your army, give one of the following Chapter Relics to an ADEPTUS ASTARTES CHARACTER model from your army. Named characters and VEHICLE models cannot be given any of the following Relics."

This wording does not exist in the new supplement as it only stipulates that named characters cant take the relics listed.

Edited by Banjulhu

Tannhauser's Bones a bit wasted on Chappy Dread when he's already -1D. Put it on the Apothecary so he can survive enemy snipers, that way he can stick around to keep reviving the Centurion SB (who will no doubt be Champion of the Feast and have master-crafted Siege Drills & the ignore AP1&2 relic...!)

Edited by Brother Kraskor

Tannhauser's Bones a bit wasted on Chappy Dread when he's already -1D. Put it on the Apothecary so he can survive enemy snipers, that way he can stick around to keep reviving the Centurion SB (who will no doubt be Champion of the Feast and have master-crafted Siege Drills & the ignore AP1&2 relic...!)

I wont lie, having a super centurion that just wont die was the plan.

Also I'm of thinking a lot of meltaguns in the squad but that may make them too big a target because 10 melta shots ignoring cover is the kind of thing that just screams "Please remove use from the table post haste".

No they can’t.

Why not? The relic wording in the new supplement is

"If your army is led by an BLACK TEMPLARS WARLORD, you can, when mustering your army, give one of the following Relics of the Eternal Crusade to an BLACK TEMPLARS CHARACTER model from your army instead of giving them a Relic from |Codex Space Marines. These are considered to Be Chapter Reiics for all real purposes. Named characters cannot be given any of the following Relics."

This deviates from the main codex relic wording which expressly calls our "Named characters and VEHICLE models" as being unable to take the relics listed.

The Chaplain dread is legends now yes. Does that mean it cant be used in competitive games?

And Banjulhu is right it is worded differently in the supplement but im pretty sure that is a mistake though! Maybe it will get FAQed? But raw he is right.

Edited by Sir Clausel

The Chaplain dread is legends now yes. Does that mean it cant be used in competitive games?

Sort of. GW dont include them in their balance passes and so suggest that legends units might be unbalanced and so it is up to tournament organisers as to whether to allow them which is hilarious given the meta warping that the 100% tournament legal Dark Eldar and Ad Mech have done in the last half a year.

I don’t think forgeworld even sells the model now .

They have not done so for years hence why it was pushed out of Imperial Armour at the start of 9th ed, but it was a popular kit in itls day and thanks to all the ornate dreadnaught chasis FW still sell or even the venerable dread kit from the standard marine line it's not hard to make a cool looking conversions.

Don't want to troll or hurt any person, but I think player playing legends just want happy gaming and don't care about rules details at all.

Agreed, I don’t know every unit in legends but those I’m familiar with are worse by far than regular/supported stuff.

Sort of. GW dont include them in their balance passes and so suggest that legends units might be unbalanced and so it is up to tournament organisers as to whether to allow them which is hilarious given the meta warping that the 100% tournament legal Dark Eldar and Ad Mech have done in the last half a year.

maybe 1 of 1k tourneys will allow it. 

So, the TL;DR for any new people:

-Probably not the best and highest use of your modeling time and money to make Chaplain Dreadnought with the expectation that you can put Tannhauser's Bones on him for lolz.  Highly likely that due to a.) a wording FAQ/errata in the codex and/or b.)strict rulings on legends models, that this combo would not be allowed.