Solomon's crusade

GMrx96

Those who are right with God will never be shaken, but the sinful will not live in the land 

-King Solomon 

Hi brothers, I would like to share with you the results of my one year of crusade and to become part of this wonderful community.

I've finally managed to fully paint my templar army, even if a couple of details are missing. 

This is the most important miniature accomplishment I achieved so far and it completely changed my way of perceiving the hobby and the game. As an award for my effort the god emperor rewarded me with 3rd place and best army at my first local tournament in 9th edition (the filty drukhari won the final battle for 1st place... :censored:  vengeance will be ours!!!)

More plastic brothers will join the crusade soon, but they need some time to convert their blessed armors and to paint them in NMM. Stay tuned and see you in the tactics forum :wink:

FHST4Cf.png

PXx73At.png

fw15x31.png

9un4QAq.png

uCHUj3f.png

pHP4Lqg.png

6aJckd6.png

KR7OzBB.png

vCdNnpH.png

MK3RZIl.png

2R0tRvJ.png

0AXKgof.png

5LhdSKN.png

UC8yX2J.png

Thanks everyone guys, I really appreciate the support! :happy.:

Hey GMrx96 what is the model with the fiery flaming smoking thing over his shoudler supposed to be? I frekking love that model.

That model was supposed to be a venerable contemptor dreadnought. At first I draw the army concept during 8th edition and I was attracted by contemptor aesthetic in order to resemble knights and their virtue. The main feature of a dreadnought knight to me is having two real arms with which he can use different kind of weapons as shields/maces/halberds/swords... to me the hobby aspect is more important than others and I generally found that people are more inclined to enjoy a game with some good looking proxy even at high level. 

With the jump to 9th ed. I had to readjust the list, so as a first approach I 3d printed base adapters to use the contemptors as redemptors. This prevents me from playing big events but I am able to be a sparring partner for other players going to attend them. As long as I state in advance that all the dreadnoughts have the same profile (=plasma redemptor) and have the correct base size everybody is fine. I was also allowed to partecipate to small local tournament with this list by both T.O. and players.

Of course I am planning on building 2 new redemptors but with university and the work required for this kind of customization it would require some time. The two contemptors would then be reused as different models with the needed modification, but I still haven't thought accurately about it.

Welcome to the eternal crusade, brother! :thumbsup:

+In Hoc Signo Vinces+

Do you have plans for adding symbols to your blank white shoulder pauldrons?

Do you intend to add further models to this glorious collection?

I'm not planning on freehand crosses on the white pauldrons for now because I like them plain, but maybe I'll do it later on.

Regarding new models I have 3 eradicators on the paint desk right now and I have to build and paint 1 land speeder storm, 2 redemptors (1 is conceptually done and needs just scuplting, the other must be designed), 10 man crusade squad, hellbrecth and grimaldus (as soon as they come out) and a vast amount of conversion bits for new outriders: if this works out I should be able to present you a very nice knght cavalry detachment :wink:

If anyone has any cool concept in mind for the third and last redemptor knight let me know (cool weapons, different armour concept or even reference pics). The second one coming will be a standard bearer.

Edited by GMrx96