Caestus Assault Ram - Misericord

MichaelCarmine

Hello there!

Had a game last night (my Wolves against Blood Angels).

I fielded my Assault Ram and as we did go over its rules again (i love that thing) we got a little "confused" as to what it can actually transport.

In the general Transports-Rules, it says, that "only infantry models can embark upon Transports (this does not include Jump or Jetpack Infantry), unless specifically stated otherwise.

Now the Misericord reads - "...has a transport capacity of 10 models, but may only transport models in Power armour, Artificer armour or Terminator armour (the latter of which do not count as having the Bulky rule in this specific instance)"

Now, RaW, this seems to be a specific statement (...may only transport models in Power armour,...) so everything with Power armour, like Jump Troops (or bikes, for instance) could be transported, though other than Terminator Armour, they would require 2 "seats" each.

Am i right?

I know, i'm not the first to ask this, but the answers i found didn't really account for the "...unles specifically stated otherwise."- part.

Hello there!

I fielded my Assault Ram and as we did go over its rules again (i love that thing) we got a little "confused" as to what it can actually transport.

In the general Transports-Rules, it says, that "only infantry models can embark upon Transports (this does not include Jump or Jetpack Infantry), unless specifically stated otherwise.

Now the Misericord reads - "...has a transport capacity of 10 models, but may only transport models in Power armour, Artificer armour or Terminator armour (the latter of which do not count as having the Bulky rule in this specific instance)"

Now, RaW, this seems to be a specific statement (...may only transport models in Power armour,...) so everything with Power armour, like Jump Troops (or bikes, for instance) could be transported, though other than Terminator Armour, they would require 2 "seats" each.

Am i right?

I know, i'm not the first to ask this, but the answers i found didn't really account for the "...unles specifically stated otherwise."- part.

Does it specifically states that Jump Pack units can be transported? :wink:

Since Misericord says "models in Power armour, Artificer Armour or Terminator armour..." it specifically states, that the requirement to load a model depends on its armour-type.

At least that's what i read.

Otherwise, why not just write - models in Terminator Armour count as one model?

Astartes do not wear anything other but Power armour and Artificer armour, except 4+ Recon-Squads off course, but why write the Rule just to exclude them(or load them up at all xD)?

Only Primarchs would be excluded and that would be a pretty "dumb" way, instead of just sayin' - "no Primarchs".

As i said, it's just my impression of the Rule,  =]

Hello there!

Am i right?

Does it specifically states that Jump Pack units can be transported? :wink:

Oh I know.

The rules don't specifically state that Jump Troops can be transported.

Therefore they can't, power armor or not.

Doesn't matter.

And the FAQ was really a clarification.

They couldn't ride this this before either.

Since Misericord says "models in Power armour, Artificer Armour or Terminator armour..." it specifically states, that the requirement to load a model depends on its armour-type.

At least that's what i read.

Otherwise, why not just write - models in Terminator Armour count as one model?

Astartes do not wear anything other but Power armour and Artificer armour, except 4+ Recon-Squads off course, but why write the Rule just to exclude them(or load them up at all xD)?

Only Primarchs would be excluded and that would be a pretty "dumb" way, instead of just sayin' - "no Primarchs".

As i said, it's just my impression of the Rule, =]

Back in the days of Betrayal, Horus' armour actually did count as terminator armour as per the faq at the time, so the ram could be used to transport some primarchs. The 180 on that has left the ram with some redundant wording.

But as for jump packs, sadly not. Specifically stating means that it has to specifically stated, not inferred or deduced.

Really wish the storm eagle could transport jump packs, as the Storm Raven it was modeled after could. Might make it a bit more attractive outside the fringe air cav lists.