New Custodes/Sisters of Silence dex in route.

So we are getting at least two new hqs if stream is to be believed.

The blade master and a sisters of silence.

I'm not sure what integration will look like but being able to field together is great maybe opening up some proper mixed armies for those that want to.

Multiple profiles on the blad master is interesting and I would love if he has an aura to give his fellow stodes similar changing profiles. Way more interesting than: reroll hit or wounds.

All I have want for my Sisters is a generic HQ choice.

And for my squads to count as troops if it's a pure SoS detachment.

And their blank-ability to actually be useful.

Okay, maybe I want more than one thing.

I wonder if Aleya will be in the Codex and be usable without her golden buddy.

Edited by sairence

I thought SoS looked OK, particularly if you can ally them with Custodians without breaking faction bonuses (speculation on my part).

Prosecutors are just 60 points for a squad of 5 and make cheap and reasonably durable Objective holders. Their bolt guns are not going to terrify anyone but they can ship away at chaff well enough. More armies seem to be bringing psykers these days so the ability to mess with that is quite handy, particular since their -1 to Manifest/Deny is stackable (to a max of -4). Mortal Wounds are a bit of a weakness of the Custodians so anything that messes with psychic powers is going to be handy.

Granted you may struggle to run a complete army of them but I think as an allied unit with Custodians, they have mileage.

Oh yeah, no argument there.

But I want to run them without Custodes and ideally without shooting myself in the foot. :p

Main thing though is that they're just not good at what they're meant to be doing. Their aura isn't a big enough radius atm to be effective and you can't reliably stack them up because they're so fragile.

Ideally their aura should be similar to the Culexus, giving them a minus to be hit. It should also be a bit more useful against demons. I loved the description in Watchers of the Throne when their presence stripped all warp shenanigans away from the demons they were fighting and made them a lot more easily banished. You could represent that with an added effect in engagement range that reduces invun saves for example.

Also, an increase in their aura size the more of them you have. Change it from unit count to model count as well. There's a lot of stuff you do with them and at some stage it looked like GW was going to flesh them out some more. Now they seem to have settled on focusing them as Custodes allies that probably won't happen but it would still be nice if they were actually good at their intended function and not just get stuck as a cheap backline unit for the golden boys.

They just deserve better than that after the way the Imperium has treated them. :P

Blade master stances and a good chunk of his abilities as well:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/01/fight-for-the-fate-of-terra-with-the-two-incredibly-powerful-new-heroes-in-shadow-throne/

The stances are exactly what I would want basically every custodes to have as all of them are adaptable and terrifying. I know we won't get that but still.

The consummate swordsman is exactly again how I imagine custodes working. Bringing back that idea of weapon skill is excellent though limiting it to seemingly one character hurts I would have rather seen this as a replacement for the invul boost.

I like the look of the Blade Champion, the varying fighting styles are pretty cool.

I really like the 1-3 to hit fail rule, much better than the Astartes champion rule that gives -1 to hit. Just represents his superlative position and reflexes even better. 

I'm looking forward to all the rules being in one place (FW excluded obviously) and SoS being integrated properly. Hopefully they do them justice.

I've not got any SoS as yet, just ordered a box and Valerian & Aleya in preparation for the box dropping. 

I would love to be able to put sisters in with custodes squads. They could then augment each other - sister provide the squad with anti psyker and custodes provide the protection. It would just be like the description in watchers of the throne where the custodes and sisters charge out against the khorne daemons and work in tandem with each other. Edited by Subtleknife

I would love to be able to put sisters in with custodes squads. They could then augment each other - sister provide the squad with anti psyker and custodes provide the protection. It would just be like the description in watchers of the throne where the custodes and sisters charge out against the khorne daemons and work in tandem with each other.

That's a neat idea... I like it :tu:

I'm super excited by the Custodes release coming and have even had delivered today 2 boxes of Custodes and some Terminators in anticipation. I'm likely to get in on some of those FW Dreads too, because cool.

New Blade Champion character... yeah I'm down for that! My Ultramarines enjoy taking a Chapter Champion for fun and surprises. And a Custodes character who can put the Emperor's Champion to shame? Yes for the lolz.

I hope that Eddie's comment was accurate and SoS get an HQ.

I can almost guarantee Aleya will still need Valerian, but they might fix her a bit. This is based on the fact that Stern and Kyganil are in the Sisters dex, but you still need both.

And yes, Sisters need a troops unit- even if it's just the bolter girls, and even if it only counts in a pure sisters detachment; if we don't get a troops choice, giving us generic HQ would only be a small improvement, because would still only be able to deploy using a detachment that's always going to cost CP, even it includes our warlord.

I too am over the moon about the Acquisitor and I would kill to use one in 40k. If they make it possible, I will put my forgeworld aversion aside and find a way to get one. Imagine a narrative game where units of cultists and civilians hide in buildings, and the SoS roam the streets knocking on doors looking for psykers! Just awesome gaming right there.

Regarding SoS... they need something more than just bolters or flamers. Like a special rule where their bolters are damage 2 and they can always target Psykers. Similarly, Great Swords seems cool except Custodes do melee much better so what niche do they serve?

Some of their strats from PA aren't bad. I don't have the book to hand right now, but I think there are 8 of them? I remember some of them being decent too- I think one of them does allow them to always target psykers with ranged attacks. I think the Bolter one makes their bolters Assault 3, 18"?

Our spear weapons are so underwhelming currently. Yes master crafted will help. But...I would like to see a universal trait for custodes be something never done before outside of I think one unit...

Wounds overspilling.

Overspilling used to be a flail Trait. The deathguard in 8th (now a strat for any weapon) and the flail on the deathwing knights. Would be interesting to see how it effects hoards.

I'd be down for Guardian Spears having overspilling rules. Give them D2 as well, but they could get away with massed D3 damage as they're rolling multiples and the odd over kill bleeds into something else.

I literally said that to a buddy last night when we were talking about Talons updates.

"If they make a 1CP strat to let spears in a squad spill their damage over in melee they could easily leave them as D3 and they'd work in the new system, with axes probably being flat 3D. Also, as a sidegrade, let them shoot their spears and axes in melee."

I'd be down for Guardian Spears having overspilling rules. Give them D2 as well, but they could get away with massed D3 damage as they're rolling multiples and the odd over kill bleeds into something else.

I literally said that to a buddy last night when we were talking about Talons updates.

"If they make a 1CP strat to let spears in a squad spill their damage over in melee they could easily leave them as D3 and they'd work in the new system, with axes probably being flat 3D. Also, as a sidegrade, let them shoot their spears and axes in melee."

I kinda hope spears get enough love to make them worth taking. At the moment it’s either sword&shield or axe… but it’s the spears that are the iconic weapon!