New Custodes/Sisters of Silence dex in route.

That's most informative! How did you find the mobility of the Dark Eldar was to deal with? I think early game they must have had an advantage but as your Jetbikes caught them and you brought down their Raiders, you must have found it swung in your favour?

I've always loved the spear lads most, don't really like the look of the shield and sword. So without the 3+++ I built and have always played them aggressive as heck.

The turn one stance of "count as stationary even if advanced" helped line up early damage. Both bikes advanced to just within 24 of raiders, while the calladius hopped 19" to the far left to finish off one of the two surviving raiders and pop some kabalites with the chin gun.

Being able to aggressively adjust the bikes 20 and still shoot is very good stuff for adaptability, same with the calladius (or, really, anything for that matter). If they ever lower the points of the battle bus (grav carrier) that'll be another fun recipient of said move buff. (Let me ferry two of my spear lad squads much more aggressively.

Basically made the bikes act like a bishop and rook combo in chess. Friend had to react and tighten up against my aggressive readjust, or next turn I'd just pick a flank with them from the center and commit with blind charges, etc....

I also love dread host, will try them next game. I can see where hurricane bikes would be nasty with them against any army that doesn't ignore AP-1. Will definitely be some diminishing returns in melee with them against Deldar, with the invulns everywhere, but charge rerolls fit my favorite aggressive custards playstyle well.

The adaptability strat of Emps Chosen is so good though. Especially with bikes, allowing my shadowkeepers example to even work.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

The turn one stance of "count as stationary even if advanced"... while the calladius hopped 19" to the far left to finish off one of the two surviving raiders and pop some kabalites with the chin gun.

Vehicles (including dreadnoughts) don't get katas so they can't benefit from stances. Edited by Balerion84

Ah I love the Allarus! They look very brutish. :p

On the table Spears are just really good and I kinda like the Ballista grenades as they do a lot of work now they're S5. Just being cheaper helps - 5 of them are looking at what, minimum of 50pts difference without weapon upgrades. 

The army is already struggling for points.

This is the "Walking Brick" list I have come up with for playing over the next few games. I dropped my Vertus for another blob of Allarus. Basic idea....

- Trajan, Vexilla, ShieldGuard and Dreads move forward dead centre. 

- Captain, Blade Champion (From Golden Light), Vexilla and Allarus drop in and smash stuff from side/rear. I think the Blade Champion giving buffs to other charging units could be beautiful.

- SpearGuard try and hold a flank objective each. 

- Prosecutors hold a home objective, hiding in cover.

Hopefully it works out as 2000pts when CA is released.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [105 PL, 8CP, 2,024pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment Command Cost

Detachment Type / Shield Host: Adeptus Custodes, Dread Host

+ Stratagems +

Stratagem: Open the Vaults [-2CP]: 2x Additional Relics

+ HQ +

Blade Champion [7 PL, -1CP, 110pts]: 6. Peerless Warrior, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes

Shield-Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor [8 PL, -2CP, 135pts]: (Dread Host): Admonimortis, (Dread Host): All-Seeing Annihilator, 3. Superior Creation, Castellan Axe, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Stratagem: Victor of the Blood Games, Unstoppable Destroyer

Trajann Valoris [9 PL, 1CP, 170pts]

+ Troops +

Custodian Guard Squad [7 PL, 135pts]
. 3x Custodian w/ Guardian Spear: 3x Guardian Spear

Custodian Guard Squad [11 PL, 200pts]
. 4x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 4x Praesidium Shield, 4x Sentinel Blade

Prosecutors [3 PL, 60pts]: Prosecutor Sister Superior
. 4x Prosecutor: 4x Boltgun

+ Elites +

Allarus Custodians [12 PL, 272pts]
. 4x Allarus w/ Castellan Axe & Misericordia: 4x Balistus Grenade Launcher, 4x Castellan Axe, 4x Misericordia

. 4x Allarus w/ Castellan Axe & Misericordia: 4x Balistus Grenade Launcher, 4x Castellan Axe, 4x Misericordia

Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 155pts]: Multi-Melta

Vexilus Praetor [6 PL, 105pts]: Gatekeeper, Guardian Spear, Vexilla Magnifica

Vexilus Praetor in Allarus Terminator Armor [7 PL, 120pts]: Misericordia, Obliteratum, Vexilla Imperius

++ Total: [105 PL, 8CP, 2,024pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

The turn one stance of "count as stationary even if advanced"... while the calladius hopped 19" to the far left to finish off one of the two surviving raiders and pop some kabalites with the chin gun.

Vehicles (including dreadnoughts) don't get katas so they can't benefit from stances.
Ah, damn. Was going off what said friend had printed out from screengrabs. It only came up with the calladius on turn 1, who didn't even really need to advance, was just an "oh, this is fun", so, no harm done haha.

Thanks for the heads up! Getting the book tomorrow.

Free Misericordia is excellent! Means I don't have to confuse myself over which unit has them and which doesn't.

Allarus have gone down by 5pts? That makes them even more of an auto-take.

Apparently failed to multiquote. Whoops.

This is fun news indeed! Never really felt worth it being any points, glad GW agrees finally.

And like you said, less confusion now. Bo more having to be, like, "Okay, the guys with Spears pointing down have them" when filling in the last 11 pts or whatever.

This is the "Walking Brick" list I have come up with for playing over the next few games. I dropped my Vertus for another blob of Allarus. Basic idea....

- Captain, Blade Champion (From Golden Light), Vexilla and Allarus drop in and smash stuff from side/rear. I think the Blade Champion giving buffs to other charging units could be beautiful.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Custodes) [105 PL, 8CP, 2,024pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

+ HQ +

Blade Champion [7 PL, -1CP, 110pts]: 6. Peerless Warrior, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes

Shield-Captain in Allarus Terminator Armor [8 PL, -2CP, 135pts]: (Dread Host): Admonimortis, (Dread Host): All-Seeing Annihilator, 3. Superior Creation, Castellan Axe, Stratagem: The Emperor's Heroes, Stratagem: Victor of the Blood Games, Unstoppable Destroyer

+ Troops +

. 4x Custodian w/ Sentinel Blade & Praesidium Shield: 4x Praesidium Shield, 4x Sentinel Blade

+ Elites +

Vexilus Praetor in Allarus Terminator Armor [7 PL, 120pts]: Misericordia, Obliteratum, Vexilla Imperius

You should for sure post this in army lists if you haven't already it's a fantastic list. I'm going to take my own spin on it with achilus dreads if possible to fit. Otherwise damn nice.

+ Configuration +

Detachment Command Cost

+ Stratagems +

+ HQ +

+ Troops +

+ Elites +

You should for sure post this in army lists if you haven't already it's a fantastic list. I'm going to take my own spin on it with achilus dreads if possible to fit. Otherwise damn nice.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

I think I might just follow your advice :-)

GenerationTerrorist, looking at your line, how do you feel about All-See Annihilator in this setup. You're not able to take advantage of it for 2 turns, which feels like that would minimize the benefit of it or do you feel that it is still worth it?

It is such a good trait, so would probably be more useful on a Vertus Captain for a possible Turn 1 charge. However, Deepstriking in on Turn 2 or 3 and getting to pick better/vulnerable targets is something I think an Allarus Captain can do better. It's a trade off.

Edited by GenerationTerrorist