Exalted Sorcerer weapon options

Paladin777

I tried posting my calculations for all the weapons that sorcerers can get, however the forum doesnt like my format.

I'm going to try to get it so I can post a link to my document, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it happen as I'm not really all that tech savvy.

Stay tuned!

Still, I'm going to say that without Swelled, Seer's bane is absolutely the best all around weapon available to a sorcerer, but even that pales in comparison to the demon prince with sword, unless your target is a psyker (I'm done running numbers!). With swelled it only gets even better with wounding MEQ on 2+'s.

However, I think a case can be made for the Stave Abominus. Against ork boys it inflicts more casualties than any of the other options have attacks! If you decide to go all out with buffs you can get up to 14 attacks (5 base, 6 paradigm of change, 7 Swelled, all multiplied by two) and has the potential to take out entire 10 man squads/mobs in one charge. If you ever feel like using the cult of mutation, This would be the guy to give the 'unmodified sixes to wound inflict one mortal wound' warlord trait! Unfortunately, against models with more than 2 wounds it matches the damage of a regular force stave, which is really one of the worst options (which Makes me kind of annoyed that GW decided to make it the only option in several cases, especially since I've got a bunch of old metal Aspiring sorcerers with the swords!

Edited by Paladin777

Looking forwards to it! If you can't post the sheet, it'll be possible to save the charts as images then upload them - a longer workaround for sure, but likely to get you more feedback.

Thanks for doing the legwork, I look forward to the increased optimisation we'll get from it! 

I think I'm just gonna format it without tables. As it stands right now, I've got numbers for each weapon versus standard Marines, gravis marines, terminators, ork boys, median vehicles, and heavy vehicles. When I do my rearranging I'll probably add numbers for light vehicles (Raiders) and for GEQ.

If you want to figure out how much damage Seer's Bane does to psykers (as opposed to other models), multiply the number of wounds by 1.75. It would make a nasty weapon vs kill rigs... ignoring ramshackle and D6 damage, sign me up!

Edited by Paladin777

Well, here it is. If anyone's got any questions or thinks I got some numbers wrong (In full disclosure, I didn't really check my work), just let me know.

Demon Prince numbers in parentheses are for the Talons

Edit: I added the numbers for a TDA sorcerer with Battle Psyker with a force axe. Just a reminder that such a sorcerer has the same number of attacks at the same WS as a standard Exalted. This was done to keep the comparison on the weapons themselves.

MEQ

Total unsaved wounds

Force staff: 1.3888

Stave abominus: 2.7777

SKAELOCH’S TALON: 1.1574

Khopesh: 2.3148

Seer's Bane: 2.7777

Force axe: 1.8518

Demon Prince with Sword: 2.8935(.2777)

Total wounds inflicted

Force staff: 2.7777

SKAELOCH’S TALON: 4.6296

Khopesh: 4.6296

Seer's Bane: 5.5555

Force axe: 3.7037

Demon Prince with Sword: 8.6805(.5555)

Total dead marines

Force staff: .9199

Stave abominus: 1.3888

SKAELOCH’S TALON: 1.1574

Khopesh: 2.3148

Seer's Bane: 1.8516

Force axe: 1.2265

Demon Prince with Sword: 3.1712

TEQ (you did use Twist of Fate, right? :wink:)

Total unsaved wounds

Force staff: .9259

Stave abominus: 2.3148

SKAELOCH’S TALON: .5787

Khopesh: 1.8518

Seer's Bane: 2.3148

Force axe: 1.3888

Demon Prince with Sword: 2.3148(.1851)

Total wounds inflicted

Force staff: 2.3148

Stave abominus: 2.3148

SKAELOCH’S TALON: 2.3148

Khopesh: 3.7032

Seer's Bane: 4.6296

Force axe: 2.7777

Demon Prince with Sword: 6.9444(.3703)

Total dead terminators

Force staff: .6172

Stave abominus: .6172

SKAELOCH’S TALON: .6858

Khopesh: .9259

Seer's Bane: 1.543

Force axe: .9259

Demon Prince with Sword 2.4382

Gravis

Total unsaved wounds

Force staff: 1.3888

SKAELOCH’S TALON: .9259

Khopesh: 1.7361

Seer's Bane: 2.7777

Force axe: 1.8518

Demon Prince with Sword: 2.3148(.2777)

Total wounds inflicted

Force staff: 2.7777

SKAELOCH’S TALON: 3.7036

Khopesh: 3.4722

Seer's Bane: 5.5555

Force axe: 3.7037

Demon Prince with Sword: 6.9444(.5555)

Total dead gravis marines

Force staff: .9256

Stave abominus: .9256

SKAELOCH’S TALON: 1.0973

Khopesh: .868

Seer's Bane: 1.8518

Force axe: 1.234567 (no, I'm not joking!

Edited by Paladin777

• 1 month later...
For those interested, I added the numbers for a force axe to accommodate the TDA sorcerer weapon option. I'm honestly kind of annoyed that the force stave is the default option for us because it really does seem like the worst option (when compared to swords and axes) against most targets.

Don't know how you're determining number of attacks (sequence probably matters), but don't you double base attacks before adding additional attacks? I honestly can't find it now, but that's how it used to be.

My calculations use the base exalted profile without any buffs. The only exceptions being the TDA sorcerer with a force axe and the DP with sword. The TDA sorcerer was calculated using the battle psyker upgrade to make it an apples-apples weapon comparison (as a TDA sorcerer with Battle psyker has the same attacks and BS as an exalted, and this is a post about the weapons themselves), and the DP with sword was included to see how the other options stack up to it (as it's the top dog when it comes to being a melee monster).

This means that all weapons (minus the DP) are calculated assuming 5 attacks with a native 2+ to hit. That's all.

Also, if you're referring to the Stave Abominus, the wording of the item doesn't say 'double the attacks characteristics' the wording specifically calls out for you to make two attacks whenever you would make an attack with the weapon, which means all extra attacks would be doubled because they'd all be made with the weapon.

Edited by Paladin777