Knightfall | Indomitus (2021/2022)

TheOneTrueZon

I, urkh, hereby vow a 5 man devastator squad with x4 multimelta, sword brother with chainsword and combimelta, with an armor I'm charub; a 5 man terminator assault squad with all th/ss (magnetized); a redemptor dreadnought with marcroplasma and onslaught cannon; a chaplain with jump pack and combiplasma (magnetized options); and a Marshal with power axe and plasma pistol (magged as well)(total points:700 if i did my math correctly) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Devastators

gallery_65490_16360_240921.jpeg

Terminators

gallery_65490_16360_238232.jpeg

Others

gallery_65490_16360_237628.jpeg

All that has been done is priming and some sub-assembly depending on the mini.

Thanks! I actually just stole the base from the Sergeant Castus I got in my pre-order, and green stuffed him on there. I am wanting him to eventually be my Marshal Hector, and am debating on if I want to paint him black or gold.

I, Zarkkarn, hereby vow the following force of (1 Emperors Champion 1 Crusader Squad 1 Biker Chaplain & 1 Outrider Squad) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

Black Templar Army Box

Outriders And Chaplain

Edited by zarkkarn

I, Brother Adelard, hereby vow the following force of a Crusader Squad and Primaris Marshal to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance!

It's taken me ages to get this lot built, and the sub assemblies may yet kill me. I reckon this is 303 points.

med_gallery_100735_13648_8861.jpg

Well, I finally got my projected list together (after failing to snag anything other than the dice on pre-release orders...) so I have a build and paint plan.  

I, templargdt, hereby vow the following force of: 10 Vanguard Veterans (304 points), to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

vanguard squad

Edited by templargdt

I, Grotsmasha, hereby vow the Emperors Champion for 100pts to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_48988_16869_120318.jpg

Vow Complete

gallery_48988_16869_19088.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_100755.jpg

gallery_48988_16869_61837.jpg

So, you may have noticed the sword is different, I dropped my painting handle on it and OBLITERATED the sword (thankfully, only the sword), so I'va had to re-print and re-paint the sword or I'd have been done last week.

Additionally, I've found another cool model to print, if some one could help me out with the points cost,

I, Grotsmasha, hereby vow the Hero of Helsreach, Reclusiarch Grimaldus for xxxpts to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order. Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

gallery_48988_16869_96203.jpg

I,Lord Blackwood, hereby vow the following force of models to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January 2022 I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

2x Hammerstrike Storm speeder
2x Impulsor w Multi Melta
1x Gladiator Reaper
1x Gladiator Valliant
1x Firestrike Servo Turret 
1x 5man Heavy Intercessor Squad Hellstorm / w 1 Hellstorm Heavy Bolter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20211119_143641.jpg?width=748&height=337

Well, I had a bit of an "oopsie" with my Templars that I thankfully caught before I damaged my paintjob. Long story short, in the custom glaze mix I made, I put Vallejo's Airbrush CLEANER in the mix instead of the Airbrush THINNER (to be fair, both bottles were right next to each other and they both look exactly the same....).

So I just got more of the paints I needed today, and will be remaking the mix properly this time :lol:

Well, I had a bit of an "oopsie" with my Templars that I thankfully caught before I damaged my paintjob. Long story short, in the custom glaze mix I made, I put Vallejo's Airbrush CLEANER in the mix instead of the Airbrush THINNER (to be fair, both bottles were right next to each other and they both look exactly the same....).

So I just got more of the paints I needed today, and will be remaking the mix properly this time :laugh.:

I am guilty of the same thing, I started color coding those airbrush bottles since they look so similar. 

So I just got more of the paints I needed today, and will be remaking the mix properly this time :laugh.:

I am guilty of the same thing, I started color coding those airbrush bottles since they look so similar. 

Yeah... Honestly I'm contemplating using one of my 300ml bottles for my Airbrush Cleaner, so I won't do that again. Or putting some kind of colour coding for the tops :lol:

Yeah... Honestly I'm contemplating using one of my 300ml bottles for my Airbrush Cleaner, so I won't do that again. Or putting some kind of colour coding for the tops :laugh.:

This is why I put my cleaner and thinner in 2 COMPLETELY different places! My cleaners are to the back end of my air brush booth and in twist-open bottles, while my thinners are directly to hand in standard dropper bottles. It works for me, maybe try something like that in the future?

I, Metic hereby vow the following force of models to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January 2022 I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

1 Primaris EC

1 Marshal with MC power axe and Auto flamer

3 Bladeguard Sword Brethren

1 Primaris Apothecary

I do not yet have my Bladeguard box or Apothecary, I have been busy with the Templar boxed set having only finished the Crusader squad. But Here is my EC and Marshal. I will edit my post with pictures of the Apothecary and Bladeguard asap.

sfeYTAv.jpg

Edit: I just thought about it, if the bases are painted does that disqualify me from entering these 2? I batch painted them with my crusaders. I pin the models on aftwards.

Edited by Metic

Edit: I just thought about it, if the bases are painted does that disqualify me from entering these 2? I batch painted them with my crusaders. I pin the models on aftwards.

Bases schmaces, you can base coat two colors, so I guess that counts as one. This does not concern me.

I, Brother Christopher, hereby vow the following force of (model/models) to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January (2022). I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

1. Marshal with Power Fist and Power Sword;

2. Castelan with Thunder Hammer;

3. Techmarine with Servo Harness.

Total: 275 points (hopefully I got that right!)

Ru8e5lq.jpg

b4jA8mD.jpg

Edited by Brother Cristopher

I, Metic hereby vow the following force of models to the Eternal Crusade before the end of January 2022 I enter with the mark of the Neophyte, and through the trials of fate and fire, rise to the rank of Initiate by journey's end as a true brethren of the Black Templar order.  Should I fail in my vow, I will bear the mark of failure until year's end as repentance.

1 Primaris EC

1 Marshal with MC power axe and Auto flamer

3 Bladeguard Sword Brethren

1 Primaris Apothecary

I do not yet have my Bladeguard box or Apothecary, I have been busy with the Templar boxed set having only finished the Crusader squad. But Here is my EC and Marshal. I will edit my post with pictures of the Apothecary and Bladeguard asap.

sfeYTAv.jpg

Amazing looking bases. They look really good.

Well brothers, I guess this is why they tell you not to count your chickens before they hatch. My LGS can't get me an apothecary for 3 weeks and the bladeguard for another 2. I don't think I'll have time to finish those models before the deadline. But here are my EC and Marshal! I'll probably be committed to other projects as I picked up another box of crusaders, sword bros, outriders and the primaris chaplain on bike. Who knows maybe I'll have time. We shall see.

BZN1hHB.jpg

Progress update:

I've been painting them in bursts of batch-painting, but one Initiate is nearing completion entirely. He'll be waiting for the final stages while I bring the rest of the squad up to that level :lol:

Also, trying my hand at painting new skintones. I've done Caucasian and African several times, but I just tried my hand at a darker Middle Eastern skin tone (if you're aware of the Fitzpatrick chart, it's a Type V (Lighter) skintone on the marine). The color's not entirely perfect (he kind of looks North African instead) but it's close enough that I'm happy with it thus far

nPza6My.jpg

4Tzqx1A.jpg