Angels of Death- How it depicts Blood Angels?

Helias_Tancred

Having seen first couple of episodes recently, I have to say I really like the extra personal details on the marines' armours. Especially those that show marines trying out different development paths throughout their lives (like both sergeants). While those were always present in hobbyists' works, I don't think we ever had those in the official merchandise. Usually any extra markings were commemorations of deeds or campaigns. Having an apothecary caduceus-like marking on Sergeant Ancaeus is especially nice - he wears the mark (and a chalice, but it is in general a more common mark) even though he is not of the Priesthood and was only considered as a potential Novitiate. This is most delightful from a background creation perspective.

Edited by Majkhel

• 3 months later...

Thread necro.

I just finished the series. It was enjoyable enough. I think they did a good job exploring the different avenues of the blood angels and the representation of both the flaw and thirst.

It is very inspiring, and good to see more human flaws in the space marines.

Thread necro.

I just finished the series. It was enjoyable enough. I think they did a good job exploring the different avenues of the blood angels and the representation of both the flaw and thirst.

while I haven’t seen it I’ll give my thoughts on ‘human’ astartes.

I don’t mind some flaws like arrogance and pride, but they’re supposed to be post-human super soldiers engineered specifically to conduct war…them being relatable to normal humans like us is not something that I like.

For example in the astorath book, one of the primaris marines is an absolute whiny little sulky bitch.

Nope that sort of stuff completely kills it for me.

‘Human’ astartes just doesn’t sit right with me

I agree. I give the primarchs a bit of a pass because they never went through the crazy amounts of indoctrination that regular astartes goes through, but said indoctrination really wipes the humanity right out of a space marine!

I give the primarchs a bit of a pass because they never went through the crazy amounts of indoctrination that regular astartes goes through,

Based on Avenging Son do they seem to go through at least as much indoctrination, if not more so, as the standard one.

but said indoctrination really wipes the humanity right out of a space marine!

Dependes very much on the Chapter and/or the marine, some are very human while others are very inhuman. Some keep most of their memory of what they were before, while others have no memory of who or what they ones where. 

Primarchs, not primaris.

The primarchs were pretty much just handed a legion!

That being said, lifetimes of pretty much jumping from one war to the next is a good way to shed your humanity...

Edited by Paladin777

Primarchs, not primaris.

The primarchs were pretty much just handed a legion!

That being said, lifetimes of pretty much jumping from one war to the next is a good way to shed your humanity...

Aha, ops. Read to fast. 

Thread necro.

I don’t mind some flaws like arrogance and pride, but they’re supposed to be post-human super soldiers engineered specifically to conduct war…them being relatable to normal humans like us is not something that I like.

For example in the astorath book, one of the primaris marines is an absolute whiny little sulky bitch.

So one of the things in the lore that is a big deal is fear. Space marines don't experience fear like normal humans, but it is definitely there. That's a majority of the reason many fall to chaos.

In the sense I'm speaking of has to do with the fear of falling to the black rage around strangers, not brothers. The fear of donning the black armor of the death watch, with the symbolism it holds for Blood Angels, and a majority of their successors.

That is a very big deal, the black rage itself is an inescapable truth.

Thread necro.

So one of the things in the lore that is a big deal is fear. Space marines don't experience fear like normal humans, but it is definitely there. That's a majority of the reason many fall to chaos.

In the sense I'm speaking of has to do with the fear of falling to the black rage around strangers, not brothers. The fear of donning the black armor of the death watch, with the symbolism it holds for Blood Angels, and a majority of their successors.

That is a very big deal, the black rage itself is an inescapable truth.

as I said haven’t watched the show, so didn’t know the context, but yeah some personality and emotion is to be expected especially in cases like the thirst and rage.