Future Liber projects - General Discussion

Kelborn

I thought we’d include them later, as the situation worsened and a Chapter was needed.

That's also what I'd understood - since the development of the scenario is happening in the second milestone, I thought I'd include a thread for them already

I'm honestly struggling pucturing how AdMech and IG can together on the same planet at the start. Seems a little crowded.

It's a planet. It's very, very, very big. It has at least one hive on it, hive cities are very big. They can easily exist more then one IG regiment, and more than one AdMech group, without them even having to interact with each other during normal times.

Necromunda for example have at least three different IG regiments from just their main hive

Edited by Gamiel

I will go to the right other tread but I would like Lunar Venatorii who do have a Index here to have some level of being seen. Since IG do seem to get further a field then even Astartes. They have deep background with Admech and are a frontier unit that depends on mobility with bikes and buggies which would make them decent for reinforcements inside Hives.

I will go to the right other tread but I would like Lunar Venatorii who do have a Index here to have some level of being seen. Since IG do seem to get further a field then even Astartes. They have deep background with Admech and are a frontier unit that depends on mobility with bikes and buggies which would make them decent for reinforcements inside Hives.

That’s cool, but also given the watery theme of this planet we are crafting, perhaps motorboats and jetskis could also provide suitable transport (and room for innovation and kitbashing)

I'm honestly struggling pucturing how AdMech and IG can together on the same planet at the start. Seems a little crowded.

It's a planet. It's very, very, very big. It has at least one hive on it, hive cities are very big. They can easily exist more then one IG regiment, and more than one AdMech group, without them even having to interact with each other during normal times.

Necromunda for example have at least three different IG regiments from just their main hive

But they are being worked on separately at the same time the planet is. It is my opinion that they are going to feel really disconnected

It really depends on numbers but remember Admech provides backbone support for most regiments with equipment in the form of Enginseers. Planetary communications that don’t rely on psykers, salvage priests in Hive cities, archives have Techpriests, just as standards and that is with them not being in charge of whole areas like they are likely to do.

That’s cool, but also given the watery theme of this planet we are crafting, perhaps motorboats and jetskis could also provide suitable transport (and room for innovation and kitbashing)

But if there is something IG is known for so is it that regiments are often beaing sent to situations where their specilisation are wortless, or worse you need specilist training/equipment to just daily survive on the planet that the regiment sent there don't have.

But they are being worked on separately at the same time the planet is. It is my opinion that they are going to feel really disconnected
We don't yet know if the admech are present on the planet at the beginning of the crisis or not (same with the guard btw) - also, even if they're being worked on in different threads, it's the same people who are working on all those threads so we can make them as connected or as disconnected as we'd like. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about both the planet and the factions :)

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about both the planet and the factions :smile.:

This is how I would do it

Planet: Trawler planet - Massive Hive sized vessels trawling the ocean planet for food (Think Aquatic Mortal Engines). When they drag up some alien tech.

Admech: Exploratory Force arrive to investigate. They go to the ocean floor to never report in.

Admech #2: Recovery Force arrive to eventually find them as a Necron Cult. Instigating the initial conflict.

Necron Cult: Managed to trigger the initial steps at reawakening the dormant Tombworld.

Necron Dynasty: I would look at Bali for inspiration

IG: Air Cavalry - Performing Air to Sea Halo jumps sounds awesome. Equipped with the Imperial equivalent of Ekranoplans

Then when Space marines turn up: A DIY chapter - A Xenos equivalent of the Relictors, a Chapter that has been saving Alien artifacts and using them against the enemies of the Imperium

I think I've just twigged where the confusion lies -

The Adeptus Mechanicus and Astra Militarum sub-factions we're talking about aren't native to the planet, they're the ones taking part in the war.

If you want to talk about the native IG and/or AdMe forces, where do you do that?
Good question - I'd say in the world thread, as it's part of the identity of the world as opposed to the campaign, but Kelborn might have other ideas? On the other hand if people wish to include a regiment of the local guard/pdf in the campaign too, that could be discussed in the IG/Inq thread?

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about both the planet and the factions :smile.:

This is how I would do it

Planet: Trawler planet - Massive Hive sized vessels trawling the ocean planet for food (Think Aquatic Mortal Engines). When they drag up some alien tech.

Admech: Exploratory Force arrive to investigate. They go to the ocean floor to never report in.

Admech #2: Recovery Force arrive to eventually find them as a Necron Cult. Instigating the initial conflict.

Necron Cult: Managed to trigger the initial steps at reawakening the dormant Tombworld.

Necron Dynasty: I would look at Bali for inspiration

IG: Air Cavalry - Performing Air to Sea Halo jumps sounds awesome. Equipped with the Imperial equivalent of Ekranoplans

Then when Space marines turn up: A DIY chapter - A Xenos equivalent of the Relictors, a Chapter that has been saving Alien artifacts and using them against the enemies of the Imperium

That does sound pretty cool to me, could you post those in the threads?

House Zadok

Traders in underwater repairers and undersea salvaging. On a waterworld that means plenty of work, even for those that never leave the underhive.

Names: Welsh and Thai, mix and match.

Models: Use genesteelers without the extra arms, maybe use Kharandon backpacks (and other parts if you want). Paint metal parts as copper (polished or tarnished is just as good) beside that do as you want with the colours. Idoneth Deepkin bits can be used for decorations or to help mark out leaders.

Aquaratio Guild

A hive spire is such a huge construckt that even if you live on waterworld there are large, labyrinth structures to transport water all over it to take care of those structures, and the water filtration systems, are the duty of the Aquaratio Guild. Something they do diligently in the upperhive, in the underhive they usually only send formen to oversee House Zadok doing that duty (or just give them letters of mission).

Zadok are closely allied to the Aquaratio Guild and under guilders supervision or decree do all of the guild's less skilled labour and patrole the important water ways in the underhive (even if the Guild's own enforcers patrole the most important ones). It's not unkown for the more mentaly gifted zadoks to be be taken into the guild, at least if discovered when young, and the guild's failors to live the rest of their (usually short) lives among Zadok's gangers. This alliance also give House Zadak finders right to anything they find in the pipes while duing the guild's work (with some exceptions), this usually only mean that Zadok are the prime sellers of fertilisers in the underhive but sometime they strike real treasure.

House Zadok

Traders in underwater repairers and undersea salvaging. On a waterworld that means plenty of work, even for those that never leave the underhive.

Models: Use genesteelers without the extra arms, maybe use Kharandon backpacks (and other parts if you want). Paint metal parts as copper (polished or tarnished is just as good) beside that do as you want with the colours. Idoneth Deepkin bits can be used for decorations or to help mark out leaders.

Aquaratio Guild

A hive spire is such a huge construckt that even if you live on waterworld there are large, labyrinth structures to transport water all over it to take care of those structures, and the water filtration systems, are the duty of the Aquaratio Guild. Something they do diligently in the upperhive, in the underhive they usually only send formen to oversee House Zadok doing that duty (or just give them letters of mission).

Zadok are closely allied to the Aquaratio Guild and under guilders supervision or decree do all of the guild's less skilled labour and patrole the important water ways in the underhive (even if the Guild's own enforcers patrole the most important ones). It's not unkown for the more mentaly gifted zadoks to be be taken into the guild, at least if discovered when young, and the guild's failors to live the rest of their (usually short) lives among Zadok's gangers. This alliance also give House Zadak finders right to anything they find in the pipes while duing the guild's work (with some exceptions), this usually only mean that Zadok are the prime sellers of fertilisers in the underhive but sometime they strike real treasure.

Suggest using the Mercator Nautica Syphoning DelegationBiophagus, and/or Eyros Slagmyst as base for Aquaratio guilders, modify as you want. Use Palanite Enforcers for guild enforcers, modify as you want. Can also see many of the Kharadron Overlords be used as base for guilders.

It is my opinion that as a collective we have lost focus.

I believe a lot of these threads should be locked until such time we get to them. The early stages of the project were heavily scaffolded but all that was taken away.

If it were up to me I think we should focus solely on finishing up designing the world, and then do a plot outline, then factions (one at a time), then story, then hand off for homebrewed rules

Edited by Minigiant

Native forces suggestion: Hive houses (just suggestions, everything an be changed)

House De la Poer

Controls the swamp archipelagos and the bounty of biomatter that can be found there, they also control a majority of the larger greenhouses in the hive. Trade in biochemicals (including poisons), the better kind of foodstuff (they control one of the few food-chains in the underhive where you are guaranteed not to be served bad food or being poisoned), and alcoholic drinks with taste (other than bad).

Names: French and “red neck”, mix and match.

Models: Use Orlocks, paint them in Crocodile Dundee-, Baju Billy-, Steve Irwin-ish colours. Maybe take a look at Victoria Miniatures’ Van Diemen’s World Devils, for possible kitbashes.

House Zadok

House Kuka-Ka-Ka-Ana

House Kuka-Ka-Ka-Ana makes up such a large part of the Stowageer Guild and Fishmonger Union that in most hivers mind they are synonymous. It’s their bulging biceps that load and unload ships, train and cargohaulers, and protect the cargo as long as long as it’s at the station. It’s their cutters that filet the macro fishes, and their clubs that crack the shells of the giga crustacean, that are caught in the open sea.

Names: English working class (1880’s-1940’s) and Polynesian, mix and match.

Models: Use Goliaths, can be any colours even if seablue, -green and similar “sea colours” are most fitting (recommend not using red or orange since that Goliaths' traditional colours and will not help when presenting them as not-Goliaths). More or less crude tattoo and armour paintings of “marine” motives on them (fish skelletons are common), traditional Polynesian patterns are also possible. Kitbach with bits from Idoneth Deepkin and Ogor Mawtribes if you want

House Abyss

The youngest house in the hives, recently given a Letter-of-House by the Planetary Governor, their name comes from that their homebase lay somewhere below the underhive, maybe even under the sump. Their claim to fame and power is that somewhere in the deep they have found, or so they say at least, an working archeotech device from which they are able to create technology so highly advanced and capable that it is unbelievable by most of their hive peers. The house is shrouded in an sinister air, with many claiming that the technology they use suck their souls away, or that what they found in the deep was not some kind of archeotech device but something of darker, xeno-origins…

Names: Egyptian and Aztec, mix and match

Models: Van Saar, use heads from Freeguild models with big hats if possible. Use Necron colours for their equipment and jumpsuits, their hats should be colourful (think La Calavera Catrina’s hats, big feathers are a plus). If you hate yourself paint their faces as if they had Calavera face paint, Calavera style decoration on their bodies are also possible. Eyes that are just glowing green or electronic blue are a suggestion. Raid the Necron, Seraphon, and Tomb Kings boxes for bits, but they should be in the same Necron colour as the rest of theit gear.

House Siouxsie: Lean and mean, the planets best chem cockers that use their own bodies as labs, those are the usual way to describe House Siouxsie. They are noted by their dark clothes (black is always in) and that most of them have black hair, even if  many of them go for non-monochrome with spots of brighter colours here and there. Many of them have strange skin colours with blue, purple or green undertone and even Siouxsie with bright inhuman coloured skin are not unheard of, it's common knowledge that this comes from the House not just selling chems but using it in any way they think gives them an edge and many of them use their own (or their underlings) bodies as refineries – some of their products can only be extracted from house members who have partaken in very specific chem-cocktails.

The house is also known for making the best cocktail drinks in the hive, and a bar with the Siouxsie logo means that you can get something good tasting (even if the quality of the liquor may be doubtful).

Names: Slavic and animals (like Crow, Spider, Rat, Mole, etc.) mix and match.

Models: Use Eshers, Wyches and Hellions bodies (remove the most xeno-ish weapons and equipment), mix and match (if you are good with your knife you could try to take away the DE’s pointed ears), you can also use Delaque heads. Their clothes and hair should be dark colours, possibly with some kind of colour spot (like the bangs being red or bright green markings), skin colour could be anything you want, even if pale with some unusual undertone is most common. If you can are good with your kitbash do I suggests autoinjectors sticking out from their bodies.

Edited by Gamiel

Just a slight update from my side.

First of all, sorry for bein silent these past days, especially as I've suggested the time frame for the phases and such.

Reallife has been quite busy these days and it doesn't look to get better in the near future (nothing bad, just regular work + family stress coupled with year end bills, etc. etc.).

For now, I suggest that we continue fleshing out the world as you guys already started with. Hopefully, things have settled until then so that I'll be more active again.

Cheers,

Kel