5th edition vet returing to playing BA 2000p. few questions.

Havokas

I've been out of the game since 5th. finally put together a ton of blood angels models and starting games next month. 
this list interests me and i want to know how it would play. i know the BA meta is sanguinary guard and hiding until turn 4 but i don't really want to do that when i have these models.

Am i insane for taking corbulo, his chalice giving me assault doc every turn on a blob of 18 assault primaris with mephiston there to give a bubble shield/unlease rage to the most expensive squad. Seems like i can try to get into combat ASAP and follow up the punch with the dreadnought, chap on bike. Vets held in reserve to either wipe out whatever the oponent deepstrikes or gets into my back lane. heavy ints for sitting on rear objective.

is my chapalin built well? i need to know if the exorcation of rage gives cumulative +1 to wound like the red thirst gives already. 

planning to overwhelm with early charges boosted by the characters and fight twice with the thunder hammer assault marines. deredao and sicarian near each other trying to prevent stikes/reserve within 9inch as they sit back and shoot. considering dropping mephiston for another unit of outriders or more assault marines. 

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

+ HQ +

Brother Corbulo [6 PL, 115pts]

Chief Librarian Mephiston(Primaris) [8 PL, 155pts]: 2. Unleash Rage, 3. Shield of Sanguinius

Primaris Chaplain on Bike [6 PL, 115pts]: 1. Litany of Faith (Aura), 1. Speed of the Primarch, Litany of Hate, The Armour Indomitus, Warlord

+ Troops +
Assault Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 119pts]
5x Assault Intercessor: 5x Astartes Chainsword, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Heavy Bolt Pistol
Assault Intercessor Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol, Power sword

Assault Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 124pts]
5x Assault Intercessor: 5x Astartes Chainsword, 5x Frag & Krak grenades, 5x Heavy Bolt Pistol
Assault Intercessor Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol, Power fist

Assault Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 153pts]
6x Assault Intercessor: 6x Astartes Chainsword, 6x Frag & Krak grenades, 6x Heavy Bolt Pistol
Assault Intercessor Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol, Thunder hammer

Heavy Intercessor Squad [7 PL, 150pts]: Heavy bolt rifle, Heavy bolter
4x Heavy Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
Heavy Intercessor Sergeant

+ Elites +
Death Company Dreadnought [7 PL, 140pts]: Meltagun, Smoke launchers, Storm bolter
Blood talons (pair): 2x Blood talons

Deredeo Dreadnought [11 PL, -1CP, 220pts]: Boreas air defence missiles, Twin heavy bolter, Volkite falconet battery

Dreadnought [7 PL, 120pts]: Assault cannon
Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter

Vanguard Veteran Squad [14 PL, 257pts]: Jump Pack
Vanguard Veteran: Lightning Claw, Storm shield
Vanguard Veteran: Bolt pistol, Thunder hammer
Vanguard Veteran: Bolt pistol, Thunder hammer
Vanguard Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Fast Attack +
Outrider Squad [6 PL, 150pts]: Outrider Sgt
2x Outrider: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle

+ Heavy Support +
Sicaran Battle Tank [10 PL, -1CP, 180pts]: Heavy bolter

Created with BattleScribe (https://battlescribe.net)

Hi, welcome back to the hobby!

With regards to your question about Corbulo, I don't feel he's a waste. A fairly good upgrade from a standard SP, and if you weren't taking a JP on the Priest, well worth it. That said, I would probably opt for a Priest with the jump pack to support the VV. I am noticing a lack of Anti-tank, but most of our best anti-armour options are melee anyway. Even so, I would consider swapping the assault cannon on your Dreadnought for a multimelta or lascannon, just in case.

I don't think the Chaplain's +1 to wound prayer stacks with the chapter tactic. Neither does the +2 to charge. The 5+ shrug could be handy, your Intercessors will be taking a lot of fire crossing the board.

I like to see the Deredeo and the Sicaran in the list, they're units I have liked for a while. I don't think they are particularly powerful though, but the Deredeo will probably be a potent force in the same vein as the dual Volkite Contemptor. I would choose one or the other personally, replacing either the Deredeo with a predator to support the Sicaran better or the Sicaran with a plasma Redemptor, but they are both fun options in game and should serve you well.

Lastly the VV, I would try to find points to round the squad to 10, then field them as 2 squads. The extra flexibility will help to counter MSU.

Of course, you should feel free to play as you wish, use what you enjoy and have fun! Good luck!

Edit: Nevermind, just read the Deredeo stats, your anti-armour is plenty sufficient! That Volkite Falconet is nasty!

Edited by BloodyB