Death to the False Emperor buff to all foes

WarriorFish

I think The Purge just got a huge flexibility buff now. Sure, they can't take an Icon of Excess since they're locked to the Mark of Nurgle only but twenty man squads with bolt pistols and chainswords buffed by an Exalted Champion could be potentially REALLY nasty. Smite a unit, charge it and reroll all hits and wounds, and then trigger some more Death to the False Emperor hits? It may not kill a Knight, Riptide, or Daemon Primarch, but it'll shred a unit of GEQ or MEQ. Hell, with that many attacks you might be able to glance TEQ to death.

Does make me wonder about more shooting CSM like IW though, as they don't benefit as much.

That is my one issue with this change as an IW player. It is a good update, but my usual and thematically fitting close combat units, mainly daemon engines, gain nothing from it. Would love for this rule to extend to all units.

Does make me wonder about more shooting CSM like IW though, as they don't benefit as much.

That is my one issue with this change as an IW player. It is a good update, but my usual and thematically fitting close combat units, mainly daemon engines, gain nothing from it. Would love for this rule to extend to all units.

IW only need one type of melee infantry- terminators supremacy. :HS: :Elite:  

I do not entirely agree, but it is indeed the main melee infantry that I use with my IW. Nevertheless, my point is that I mainly use non-infantry units for melee duty, which gained nothing from the update.

I do not entirely agree, but it is indeed the main melee infantry that I use with my IW. Nevertheless, my point is that I mainly use non-infantry units for melee duty, which gained nothing from the update.

Could be DTFE on engines might be a bit much in the new codex. I'm sure engines will be getting more buffs and strats in the new dex.