Been out a long time. 1500 Wolves please help.

tetsuhau

Unless you build for it, the Chaplin and Libby, won't make their points back. They're there to buff. At 1500, I probably wouldn't have all three characters. I use the Chaplin with Wulfen stone exclusively for, charging buffs, so my terminators, get a 7" reroll able out of deep strike. Those guys hitting on the turn they arrive, is worth the Chaplins cost. He then goes hunting objective campers. Libby, handing out fights last and assualt doc is valuable to me, because I start low on cp. I like the assualt hell blasters, they can move around the table petty quickly, with the strat to ignore modifiers. 15, st 7, 2d -4 shots does work. But you need a wolf Lord near buy, or the dread strat.

any suggestions for some long range backfield fire power? Redemptor?

I run a Redemptor and he is excellent. The firepower is awesome and I find the +1 to-Hit really useful considering how hard he hits. It also means he is still a legitimate threat in melee even once he starts to degrade.

Eliminators of both flavours are worth a look as cheap backfield shooty units. Most tanks are not worth the points in 9th edition although there are some exceptions. Whirlwinds for indirect fire can be useful. Razorbacks are cheap, shooty and have some Transport capacity.

Long Fangs are decent and if you are feeling sneaky, you can abuse Thane of the Retinue to put Master Crafted on a Wolf Guard Pack Leader in Terminator Armour with Assault Cannon or Cyclone Missile Launcher. If you use the Armorium Cherub on an MC Assault Cannon that is 12 shots at S6 2D and Ap-2 in the Devastator Doctrine. :ohmy.: