Secret Santa

Lostrael

Dear fellow Dark Angels,

it is again this time of the year.

So I will ask the question.

Who would like to participate in a Secret Santa event this year?

For the not initiated:

It is the ritual of painting a miniature for somebody, who was drawn by lot and send it as a gift to him or her for Christmas*.  

(*Keep in mind that shipping may not arrive in time to some regions in the world.)

Count me in! i don't know what are terms and conditions but this should be fun either way :smile.:

can I pick the miniature to paint or is it chosen by drawn person ? it is a busy period right now and I don't know how much time I will have for painting but will do my best!

Edited by bevulf

The first Secret Santa event was started by Chmur in 2017

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/341403-dark-angels-secret-santa-we-love-secrets/?p=4933086

I'm not good at organizing events but I like to paint minis for others.
Thanks to twopounder who reminded me to ask before December starts and everybody is busy with backing cookies and that stuff. :happy.:

So I copy/pasted from Chmurs post:

Rules for asking for a gift and preparing gift:

• All models are to be shipped fully painted with finished bases - try to match the recipient army theme (in armour, primaris, colours, bases) but add your personal touch - that is what makes it fun! 
  • You are responsible for shipping! Make sure you have the budget for it!
  • Make sure you understand that we cannot guarantee you will get a "matching" value back - this is a goodwill event, so you should not calculate with such thing, but just in case.
  • Be realistic - it's better to provide high quality miniature as a gift than to delay/not send because you aimed too high.
  • Don't worry  if you consider your abilities inferior to the recipients! We all know the effort it takes to paint a mini - if you do it to the best of your ability, it will be a treasure to keep!
  • When filling up the signup form - provide reasonable information. If you want something specific, you can state it, but do not expect that you will get exactly that!

The gift you prepare (and receive) should be a single model of a character, or sergeant, legal load-out as per Codex.

If you find out you cannot deliver, please inform me, I might be able to do an extra mini. 

Here is registration form:

Did I miss something?

I'm interested, but I don't know if I'll have the time.

Lostrael and I had discussed allowing this to go past Christmas due to known shipping delays. Though we should all do our best to ship by the end of decmber, its likely that international shipping could take several months to arrive.

So if it takes a little longer to finish the model, it won't really make a big difference in the scheme of things.

Edited by twopounder

define the rules of SS but pending the rules alright

Upon reading rules, okay sure, I can do this. Whoo eye of the tiger haha, I will do this as best I am able, to whoever gets my model mailed to them, apologies I have been rusting in a corner and only doing minimal painting but I promise to work hard.

To the person who gets my SS request, I accept dark angels in both pre and post heresy colors

Edited by aura_enchanted

Alright, time to start painting! It might be a nice idea for everyone involved to bump their WIP-threads back up to the first page, so their SS can form an idea of what to paint. Or state whatever they would like to get.

I'm fine with whatever I recieve. I haven't played the game in years, so a nice looking sergeant to place in my cabinets' spotlights is perfect!

Thanks for organising the event Lostrael!

Alright, time to start painting! It might be a nice idea for everyone involved to bump their WIP-threads back up to the first page, so their SS can form an idea of what to paint. Or state whatever they would like to get.

I'm fine with whatever I recieve. I haven't played the game in years, so a nice looking sergeant to place in my cabinets' spotlights is perfect!

Thanks for organising the event Lostrael!

I'd say there is nothing I *need*, so really its just the thought that counts. Any model is perfectly fine :). 

I'm not sure about your region. I would buy and fill up the package form and customs declaration online and send it with DHL from local post office. 

Your local post office is partner in receiving package, maybe you can ask if you can also send DHL packages.  

I'm not sure about your region. I would buy and fill up the package form and customs declaration online and send it with DHL from local post office. 

Your local post office is partner in receiving package, maybe you can ask if you can also send DHL packages.  

Alright, thanks! DHL is at €50 a bit cheaper. Those are some crazy prices for international packages. To you Aussies, Kiwi's and Americans participating, you have my sympathy.