Secret Santa

Lostrael

I've send out my victims package, and recieved my own carepackage at the same day! I'll snap the pictures tomorrow when I have some daylight. I don't know if Lostrael would mind if we post the pictures of recieved gifts already, while others are still in transit? Or would it be more polite to wait a bit longer to post all the eye candy, so it remains a suprise for each participant.

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

I've send out my victims package, and recieved my own carepackage at the same day! I'll snap the pictures tomorrow when I have some daylight. I don't know if Lostrael would mind if we post the pictures of recieved gifts already, while others are still in transit? Or would it be more polite to wait a bit longer to post all the eye candy, so it remains a suprise for each participant.

Post now or wait. I don't mind. That's a decision for a Chaplain. :wink:

I'm sure Lostrael will post up pictures of a better quality (never got the hang of photography), but here is the model I recieved from our beloved painter.

gallery_92826_13391_185440.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_147992.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_129510.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_98883.jpg

gallery_92826_13391_106044.jpg

It's a lovely model that surpasses my own lads! The blending and freehand is unreal. Even with my eyes glued to the model, I can't tell if it's painted or a transfer. You're putting the lads next to him in the cabinet to shame!

I'll be sure to use him as an HQ when I ever get back to playing the game. Not sure if I'll stick with the bare head or the helmet. I'll put the decision on hold until a suitable model appears on my desk for the additional head.

The cookies were delicious too! The tin was already empty by the time I managed to take the pictures above :sweat: A final 'thank you' for the gift Lostrael!

Edited by Chaplain Grey Raven

what i want to say before i mail this little fella off to his new home is that i honestly did not think i had this one, i in truth have not touched my brushes in some months, a hostile community in my home store, the death of a local online community tool for finding games, and covid 19 lockdowns have meant that foor all intensive purposes i havent painted in nearly a year if not more. i did this only with the love of support of a very special lady to me encouraging me to take on this task and motivating me to finish. my love for the lion and his sons has never waivers even once but i admit freely that i have not been all i could be and the hardships i face trying to get even a single match breaks my heart like it was made of glass. but will always be here in the B & the C somewhere and i will try to do better for all of you :cry:

Edited by aura_enchanted

The cookies were delicious too! The tin was already empty by the time I managed to take the pictures above :sweat: A final 'thank you' for the gift Lostrael!

I'm happy that you like it. 

Find it still hard to get over that image with the finger... :ohmy.:

what i want to say before i mail this little fella off to his new home is that i honestly did not think i had this one, i in truth have not touched my brushes in some months, a hostile community in my home store, the death of a local online community tool for finding games, and covid 19 lockdowns have meant that foor all intensive purposes i havent painted in nearly a year if not more. i did this only with the love of support of a very special lady to me encouraging me to take on this task and motivating me to finish. my love for the lion and his sons has never waivers even once but i admit freely that i have not been all i could be and the hardships i face trying to get even a single match breaks my heart like it was made of glass. but will always be here in the B & the C somewhere and i will try to do better for all of you :cry:

It's good that this gave you motivation to paint! If you enjoy painting, focus on that for a bit instead of fighting for a game. You'll have a painted army by the time the circumstances change and your gaming community recovers again. If painting is just the means to an end, then I fear we can't help you with your particular issue. Give it some (or alot of) time, everything works out in the end.

I'm happy that you like it. 

Find it still hard to get over that image with the finger... :ohmy.:

'Blood for the blood god' looks surprisingly like the real deal, who would've guessed :wink:  Have no fear, neither Bladeguard nor manchild has been hurt during the making of those pictures.

what i want to say before i mail this little fella off to his new home is that i honestly did not think i had this one, i in truth have not touched my brushes in some months

I've been the same. When covid hit, my painting desk got buried under the stuff my wife needed moved so she could work from home.

Well, this helped motivate me to find new homes for the rubbish on my desk, and got to work. Sadly, several paints didn't survive the long storage.

Had a few set backs but I got the model "done". I kept asking people if they thought it looked nice enough as a gift.

Sorry you may need to give him a rinse, I apologize for my spartan packaging. I wanted to ensure you got him before Christmas and in 1 piece and I know he's not the fqnciest thing but I spent a little over 24hrs total on him. Picking pieces, trying out different poses and weapons configurations. Before finally settling on something that worked and wasn't going to delay me further and then paint him took another 2 days of patience.

I take inspiration for my posing from artwork and preforming art such as stage work. In this case hes In a defensive pose as if to block a strike he has his gun raised in the other hand to both make him look more imposing and so he can shift to the gun should he need it unlike if he had it pointed down and at his side

Edited by aura_enchanted

• 2 weeks later...

thank you raven, it is lovely i shall post a picture of it next to one i got some years ago at another SS event. oddly enough this is probably one of the most perfect things you could have done for me. thank you chaplain grey raven

I see my model has arrived at its destination! Not quite a Chirstmas present, but I'll hope you'll enjoy it nonetheless! 

Happy it arrived at all, damn international postage