Quick Question on Dark Apostle model options

Lord_Ikka

Hello brethren of the Eightfold Path! I'm currently working on a secondary project that is a Word Bearers warband of 8 leaders. Right now it looks like this- 2x Daemon-Princes (Ascended Dark Apostle and his second/herald), 1 Coryphaus, 1 First Acolyte, 2x Warrior-leaders, and 2 Sorcerers. This is pretty much a fluff/painting project without any real projection of gaming.

I have all of the Astartes models currently but found a problem with my First Acolyte; I found one of the old, out of production Dark Apostle models on eBay and grabbed it. The problem is he is tiny compared to the rest of the models (BSF Chaos Lord, Master of Executions, Night Lords Termie Praetor, CSM Sorcerer, Master of Possession) and just doesn't look right when placed with them. So, I'm on the lookout for a new First Acolyte model, who will be the "mortal" Dark Apostle of the group given that the former one is now a Daemon-Prince.

So far, I found some options but am unsure which would be best. The options are:

1. Current Dark Apostle model (easiest/cheapest and requires next to no conversion)

2. FW Word Bearer Praetors (the termie one looks pretty killer and the PA one is not bad though needs a crozius)

3. FW Zardu Layak (expensive, but a cool model and can work with the staff to make it a proper weapons)

4. FW Erebus (expensive/OOS currently, but once again a cool model)

I don't know about the size of Zardu and Erebus, but the Praetors are newer and I've seen them next to current CSM models and they are in proper scale. Any ideas on what direction might be best/any ideas on a good model?

Edited by Lord_Ikka

Slightly confused, as dark disciples are the two T3 mortal slaves that come with the dark apostle. Are you talking about one of them, or something else?

Whoops, meant Dark Apostle not Dark Disciple. Edited...

Slightly confused, as dark disciples are the two T3 mortal slaves that come with the dark apostle. Are you talking about one of them, or something else?

Whoops, meant Dark Apostle not Dark Disciple. Edited...

Okay, gotcha!

I think the WB Terminator praetor is the coolest model of the bunch, and if you're down with using him as a terminator lord/sorcerer he'll work great. Heresy era awesomeness.

Not related to your options, lol sorry:

A popular option has been using the havoc kit as bodies for beefier chaos lords or other CSM characters. 

Example: this is a mock-up I didn't end up using:

cbPEvA3.jpeg

Edited by Juggernut

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to grab the HH Termie praetor for my First Acolyte/Dark Apostle-in-training. Didn't need to do much converting, as the model itself is just great, but put on a new head and gave him a nice book to preach from. He'll get some more strips of paper later.

gcZF2yP.jpeg