Blood Angel Werewolves Successor?

Minigiant

Depend on which kind of werewolf you want to go with. I would focus one one or more historical or popcultural version of werewolves and go from there.

Or have a primary concept for your chapter (Edwardian officers and gentlemen; Ming dynasty warriors; Mississippian culture; WWII RAF; etc) and then ad werewolves. I would say that the thing that makes a werewolf a werewolf is that they are not wolves all the time so having a theme that is not werewolf is really needed.

I would likley have that the werewolf thing is connected with the Red Thirst in some way, having that battle-brothers become wolfman like when feeling the Red Thirst to strongly and when they give in to it, with some of them permanently stuck in this state (use Wolfen models).

Depend on which kind of werewolf you want to go with. I would focus one one or more historical or popcultural version of werewolves and go from there.

Or have a primary concept for your chapter (Edwardian officers and gentlemen; Ming dynasty warriors; Mississippian culture; WWII RAF; etc) and then ad werewolves. I would say that the thing that makes a werewolf a werewolf is that they are not wolves all the time so having a theme that is not werewolf is really needed.

I would likley have that the werewolf thing is connected with the Red Thirst in some way, having that battle-brothers become wolfman like when feeling the Red Thirst to strongly and when they give in to it, with some of them permanently stuck in this state (use Wolfen models).

they turn into wolves when they fall to the rage, wolfen then stand in for DC.

Taking inspiration from the classic film Nosferatu (which stated the vampire and the werewolf are closely related species of monsters), I'd make Germanic vampires (Assault Marines, Inceptors) and werewolves (Terminators, Aggressors). Components from Night Lords, Death Guard, and House Delaque models will be used to make the Marines appropriately CREEPY AS LITERAL HELL.

Or have a primary concept for your chapter (Edwardian officers and gentlemen; Ming dynasty warriors; Mississippian culture; WWII RAF; etc) and then ad werewolves. I would say that the thing that makes a werewolf a werewolf is that they are not wolves all the time so having a theme that is not werewolf is really needed.

I would likley have that the werewolf thing is connected with the Red Thirst in some way, having that battle-brothers become wolfman like when feeling the Red Thirst to strongly and when they give in to it, with some of them permanently stuck in this state (use Wolfen models).

No, the Black Rage is a psykick/soul thing, they belive themself to be Saunguinus, they should not turn into wolfmen during that, the Red Thirst is another thing, physical, mutating, more fitting for turning you into a wolfman

No, the Black Rage is a psykick/soul thing, they belive themself to be Saunguinus, they should not turn into wolfmen during that, the Red Thirst is another thing, physical, mutating, more fitting for turning you into a wolfman
not saying for lore reasons, but for table top. It would make sense for noticeably different models to be a unique unit, rather than a unit that’s simply adding aesthetic flavor to the game.

My initial idea pictured the death company being the wolves, and the red thirst being the savagery.

As for chapter names: Carmine Canines, Lycan Knights, Hounds of Baal

i like hound of Baal.

You could also add some lore that during the devastation of Baal, they were unable of sending help in time so they station a few of their brothers on Baal to assist the blood angels and ensure they’ll never be unavailable to protect their primarch’s home world again.

My initial idea pictured the death company being the wolves, and the red thirst being the savagery.

As for chapter names: Carmine Canines, Lycan Knights, Hounds of Baal

i like hound of Baal.
I second this. "Hellhounds" can be a nickname earned for ferocity in battle, and suspicions of Chaos-taint.

You could also add some lore that during the devastation of Baal, they were unable of sending help in time

This gave me some ideas:

1) The "Hellhounds" DID arrive on time to help, but their help was spaceborne and orbital, i.e., attacking enemy ships, observing enemy activity from orbit and- when conditions permit- performing orbital bombardment of enemy positions on the planet's surface. They limited the help offered because

2) They feel shame for the werewolf-like mutations afflicting them, such that they dared not show their faces before Sanguinius' other sons. They expect the consequences of this to be the Chapter's well-deserved destruction, before the "Hellhounds" can redeem themselves before their Primarch and the Emperor, as

3) The mutations are due to the "Hellhounds" using chimeric gene-seed, or suffering under the curse a Greater Daemon laid upon them, or due to the Dark Eldar/Drukhari infecting them with a blood-plague similar to that which drove the Angels Sanguine to commit the Vandred Atrocity, or...

so they station a few of their brothers on Baal to assist the blood angels and ensure they’ll never be unavailable to protect their primarch’s home world again.

I like this idea. Of course, the Blood Angels won't tolerate any potential threat's presence on their own Chapter planet, so they must be informed of the mutations the "Hellhounds" suffer from, know its likely cause, and be assured the "Hellhounds" won't massacre Baal's human inhabitants or build shrines to the Chaos gods there.

What if they experience the Black Rage from prospective of Horus (Luna Wolf) that killed Sanguinius?

Due to the Blood Angels successor secretly using chimeric gene-seed that incorporates Black Legion gene-seed, captured in battles against the traitors, and used in a desperate attempt to maintain the Chapter's size? That'll be a mess; the guilt they feel from (in their minds) murdering their own Primarch, Sanguinius, will probably drive them to suicide, if not further into madness.

What if they experience the Black Rage from prospective of Horus (Luna Wolf) that killed Sanguinius?

Dthe guilt they feel from (in their minds) murdering their own Primarch, Sanguinius, will probably drive them to suicide, if not further into madness.

Not too keen on using traitor geneseed but this ^ is what I was thinking. Overwhelming guilt at perceiving themselves killing their primarch, the proverbial monster within (Werewolves). The desire to not fail again but scared of what they might become

I say no, just no. But that's just me, if you want to do that it's up to you.

Why?

I am only referring to Sanguinius' final moments. Having to watch their beloved Primarch be cut down in first person must be torture

2d0f4c1c513b4dafa75a19c2b820fd3650da4b1f

Edited by Minigiant

I say no, just no. But that's just me, if you want to do that it's up to you.

Why?

I am only referring to Sanguinius' final moments. Having to watch their beloved Primarch be cut down in first person must be torture

A) Getting it from Horus perspective should not work since they are of Sanguinius gene-line (and they don't really see it from his perspective, they belive that they are Sanguinius at his last battle and see their current surroundings from that perspective)

B ) Beside the name so do the Lunar Wolves have little to do with wolves. 

C) If we ignore A and B so do I not see how having the Black Rage experience as Horus instead of Sanguinius would lead to anything werewolf

Edited by Gamiel

Dthe guilt they feel from (in their minds) murdering their own Primarch, Sanguinius, will probably drive them to suicide, if not further into madness.
Not too keen on using traitor geneseed but this ^ is what I was thinking.
If the Chapter doesn't use Black Legion gene-seed, how will the Marines be able to witness Sanguinius' murder through the murderer's- Horus'- POV? Blood Angels in the Black Rage's gasp, witness their Primarch's final moments from Sanguinius' POV, because their gene-seed serves as a direct genetic and psychic link to Sanguinius, such that they lose themselves and think they are Sanguinius in his final moments.

The desire to not fail again but scared of what they might become

This is an excellent idea, but you must put in more thought in its execution, or be derided as the Rian Johnson of IA writers.