Flashpoint Liber - The WORLD

Doctor Perils

The size/gravity issue: the planet (at some point over 60 million years) was hollowed out by Necrontyr, Old One’s, Eldar, Dark Age Humans, pick one, as part of terraforming. Large radius, low density, relatively close to 1G.

The easier option is to just go back to 1x size.

I made up some numbers because recently here it has been easier for people to offer criticism or developments off of a core idea

Name: Cairnial
Type: Ocean World
Designation: Hive
Sky Colour: Indigo & Violet
Moons: 2
Planetary Rings: Four Small, low-density, and made primarily of ice and dust.
Size:1 x Terra
Radius:24,940 miles / 40,137 km
Gravity:1x Terra
Temperature range: Low: -18 °C + High: 59 °C
Length of Day: 1.2 Terra Days
Length of Year: 672 Terra days

Hive Platforms - Gigantic floating Hives built up a jack-up rig can raise and lower itself on three or four massive "legs." The administratum float these structures out on ocean worlds and then lower the legs until they touch the sea floor and elevate the hive out of the water.

They are fed by a massive fleet of huge shipping vessels that supply these hives with caught sea life, and harvested aquatic vegetation. A majority of which is processed to be shipped off planet from their one major floating space port.

Other areas on the planet include

• Toxic waste from mass desalination each hive undertakes to provide drinkable water for their occupants
  • Graveyards where people receive a sea burial
  • Treacherous reefs that have sunk Hives during relocation
  • Floating Farms
  • Ancient ruined temples on ocean floor

Great planet intro doc minigiant. I think just adding a sink Titan as an interesting area as well. But I would like mentioned there is an area processing/research center around some volcanoes under water that is a no man’s land for the laymen as Mechanicus has laid claim to this area? Giving us the underwater tunnel fighting some of us want.

Great planet intro doc minigiant. I think just adding a sink Titan as an interesting area as well. But I would like mentioned there is an area processing/research center around some volcanoes under water that is a no man’s land for the laymen as Mechanicus has laid claim to this area? Giving us the underwater tunnel fighting some of us want.

I had considered some sort of volcanic feature/steam vent etc. How much do we know about Tomb World infrastructure? Do they still have some of the planets mantle? Or is it all hollowed out?

I had considered some sort of volcanic feature/steam vent etc. How much do we know about Tomb World infrastructure? Do they still have some of the planets mantle? Or is it all hollowed out?

Could be wents from the Tombworld that the Imperium mistake for vulcanic wents and function the same when it comes to the planet's ecosystem. 

Could be wents from the Tombworld that the Imperium mistake for vulcanic wents and function the same when it comes to the planet's ecosystem. 

Hmm thats an interesting idea. Millenia of sediment deposited onto the tomb worlds surface forming the now ocean floor. What is considered natural steam vents are in fact massive exhaust ports