Plaguefester Warband

McElMcNinja

I like it, even if there is no discount. It will fill out my PBCs, DS, and PMs, and having 3 MBHs is something I’ve wanted since I sold mine off. Plus I don’t have that champion or bearer, not that I need them, but I think those are the last of the models I didn’t have.

There will be a discount I'm sure, but who knows how much. Sticking two $30 "characters" (plague marines) will make the discount seem less. I already have 3 PBCs, 3 MBHs, 36 Plague Marines (including the champion and the bearer). I only have 3 Deathshroud so that would be all I would get value from. But the box is soooo much better than the not playable combat patrol (can't even take 30 poxwalkers with only 7 plague marines hahaha).

It's a fantastic box (pending information on the size of the discount), but I already have all the Deathshroud/PBCs/Plague Marines that I'll ever need, and MBHs are cheap enough on their own if I decide to grab a few down the line. Great way to start a DG army though.

But the box is soooo much better than the not playable combat patrol (can't even take 30 poxwalkers with only 7 plague marines hahaha).

The state of that combat patrol still annoys me, especially when they have brilliant Dark Imperium sculpts no longer in production.

It will likely run 200 USD given the usual ~35% discount and even if you don't count the Champion and icon bearer it will be a ~17% discount.

Still bugs me that two models that are considered extras for a basic plague marine squad are so expensive. They're roughly 1/5 of the price. But anyway I digress.

If you need/want/can use everything in the box it's going to be a good deal and a good start/compliment for an army. We will never get stuff as cheap as the DI half ever again though haha. That should have been the combat patrol, if they needed to charge a smidge extra so be it.